1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Improving Flow SnowEx 3000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by procut, Feb 24, 2014.

1. procut

procut Senior Member

I recently picked up a snowex 3000. I installed a new Karrier 200# vibrator as the OEM was not working, but am still having a hard time getting the material to flow to the auger. I'm going to try fluid filming the entire hopper, I think this could help some, but am skeptical it will solve the whole problem. I run the vibrator pretty much the whole time, which ends up packing the salt in there pretty good. I heard some of the Vee pros have feed issues, but thought that was more for the 8000 whereas the 3000/6000 were not too bad.

I tried removing the baffle over the auger, but that really didn't help any, and I had to stuff an old sweatshirt into the shoot to keep from loosing all the material when driving down the road. I am going to re-install the baffle, but I see you can "shorten" it as it's like 3 pieces, so I'm going to take out the last piece.
  2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

What are you running through the spreader? I have an 8000 and have run probably 50 ton through it the last 3 years. I finally took the baffle out this season and get so much better flow. No issues with salt falling out either. I run the vibrator all the time too. I have run straight bulk as well as treated. Bulk with lots of fines in it doesn't like to flow as well.
  3. procut

procut Senior Member

Just straight bulk salt.
  4. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

I had a 6000 for 3 seasons and suffered all the time ,I sold it and have a salt dogg 2000 and love it ,there is no comparison,sell it they are just a bad design .sorry for the bad news
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

I have since removed part of the baffle and its flowing much better now. Will empty the entire hopper without any trouble.