1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Important.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Kennedy81, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I'm not sure exactly what forum to put this in, so I may post it in a couple of different forums, but here goes.

I was talking to a good friend tonight whom is a law enforcement officer in Ft. Wayne Indiana. He was telling me that in the past few weeks they have had a large number of plows being stolen, especially Westerns. So just a reminder, keep your plow in a secure place, and also think about possibly figureing out a good way to lock it up. Also, if you live in or around NE Indiana, and someone is going to make you a deal on a plow that just seems way to good to be true, then question it!

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Grand Rapids got hit for twp or more Boss plows also....

3. karol

karol Senior Member

importat

There being stolen in Newmarket,Ont. Someone i knew go there new plow stolen. Western 8 pro-plus. Get insurance.

4. Enviouslawns

Enviouslawns Senior Member

my insurance guy was tellin me today about a 2004 f350 and a 20ft enclosed trailer was at a job site with the foreman and 3 employees they were doin a final walkthourgh on the job came back up front and the truck was driving down the street

came up a few hours later with nothing in the trailer :nono:

5. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

Western Plow stolen here as from a friends driveway. He unhooked and went to work. Got home and it was gone.

6. Man steals Highway DOT plow truck

How about a WHOLE highway plow truck
    BATTLE LAKE, Minn. — Ottertail County authorities say a man tried to carjack a MnDOT snowplow truck Tuesday night on state Highway 210 near Battle Lake.

Authorities say the plow operator saw the 23-year-old Battle Lake man along the highway and stopped to see if he needed help. The man climbed onto the truck, then allegedly told the driver to get out.

A short time later, the man got off the truck and the plow operator drove away.

A pickup driver later saw the man standing in the middle of the highway and also stopped to see if he needed help. Authorities say the man opened the door of the pickup, grabbed the driver by the jacket and tried to pull him from the truck.
    The driver took off with the man still hanging on to his jacket - dragging him about 20 yards.

The man remains in jail.(no kidding)

7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

we recived 2 rpts today at the pd that i work for in the south suburbs of chicago of plows being stolen off of trucks both of them were westerns also a plow was stolen today in mt prospect il just so everyone be careful how you store your cash machine

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

to the top

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I would of backed up and ran him over. If anybody ever tried that either they or I would be dead!