1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Important Question!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by KubotaJr, Nov 29, 2008.

1. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I just bought a sho me mini led bar on ebay. The seller did not clearly list that the bar was blue and red which i found out when i received it today. I am pretty sure it is illegal to sell red and blue lights on ebay and there illegal to have without a permit. If anyone could fill me in on it thatd be great.

Thanks,

Joe

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

In Maine you can't mount or use them. I think it's the same in MA.....Blue should pipe in here in a bit and let you know for sure.

3. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I purchased it from a guy in ohio and i checked the laws there and its the same as mass, illegal.

4. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

They are illegal to mount an display in Mass. without a permit. It is illegal to sell colored lights on E-bay but it happens all the time. Usually on E-bay, you should e-mail the seller when they are selling led lights to confirm the colors before bidding.

5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

ask for a refund for all your money and a return if you dont want it and hopefully he will accept it back and refund your money including shipping cost

or else go through ebay and in the end u will get your money back

6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

He misrepresented the item. In Ohio unless your a cop you can't run red/blue unless your actually in a cop car or an under cover cop. Try to get the guy that sold it to you to refund the money w/return shipping that you paid. Be cool and if he won't budge go to ebay and dispute it.

Don't leave any feedback until you try all avenues to get it corrected.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  7. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I did ask a few questions about letting ebay handle it through their live help service. The guy that helped me said if the buyer will not give you a refund i should file a dispute against him. I am now just waiting for him to email me back with an answer. Thanks

8. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i say we just drive to ohio and beat the guy :realmad::realmad::gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
    hopefully it gets fixed
    ill give you a call later

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ill meet you guys for lunch :D

10. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

I think Ebay has a strict policy on not allowing anything other than clear or amber. Red, blue, whatever are supposedly not allowed, but this guy got by with it.
    Send it back on his dime and get what you wanted.
    Colligan... your response was funny as hell!

:waving:

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Joe, I think they only regulate Guns. I sold a 6 pack of blue hide ways a year ago or so and a whelen siren for a friend 3 years ago. We had no questions, comments or restrictions around either one. I wish they allowed guns though. :gunsfiring:

12. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

No Blue or red "lenses" is how they get around this because its lights that blue not the lense

13. ColliganLands

either way i still think we should get a group together and head to ohio

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Road Trip!

15. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

only legal light to be displade is amber any other will get you in hot water. on privet property you can go green clear .

16. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I call shotgun.

17. ColliganLands

did you get anywhere with this today?
    ive got a story to tell you tomorrow..hopefully your day off was better than mine

18. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

The guy is trying to convince me to put it back on ebay instead of sending it back to him because he spent all the money already. (bs) Ended up not being a day off.

19. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

He's going to have to try REAL HARD to convince you. I know I sure as heck wouldn't. That's his issue. Not your fault he misrepresented the item and sold you something that's most likely illegal for you to run on your rig.

20. ColliganLands

tell him take it back or the turbodiesel express is heading down to ohio