1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm tired of my Pro Wings bending.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Duncan90si, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

So I had a little time tonight and some extra steel laying around and I started beefing up the Pro Wings.

First pic is of the right wing which was not bent nearly as bad as the left wing was. The pic doesn't show the bend that much, but its there.

PIC00130.jpg

The left wing was hammered pretty hard. After I straightened it with the torches and a sledge it was time to start reinforcing.

PIC00131.jpg

PIC00132.jpg

PIC00135.jpg

I placed the gussets right where the wing kept bending time after time. I welded a piece to extend the lower mount/brace the whole to the very corner of the wing that keeps folding backward. I also welded the whole way across on the lower wing mount instead of the few little stitch welds that were on there from Buyers. I really wasn't worried about having every cut, weld or angle 100% perfect, but it is a lot stronger now. I think they will hold up much better than before.

I'm going to do the right wing later this week sometime.

PIC00130.jpg

PIC00131.jpg

PIC00132.jpg

PIC00135.jpg

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

So now that the wing is REALY STRONG the plow will bend where the wing mounts?

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It shouldn't My prowings are reinforced and I havn't noticed any problems or bending on my blade. I've tapped curbs, speed bumps, and other stuff your commonly hit while plowing with them.

4. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I remember when I had prowings on my M....(yellow blade), had same problem. They seemed to bend real easy. I just put up with it and bend em back twice a year. Hope that works out good for ya! Nice job reinforcing!