1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm taking the leap....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SnowPro93, Dec 5, 2007.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I've had this 83 k30 Dump with a fisher speedcaster for about 2 years. I think its about time she gets what she deserves, some new pieces, some new paint and set her free on the white stuff. It needs a decent amount of work, but i'd like to have her ready in a couple months. New fenders, new rockers, new leaf shackle, new paint, undercoating and some other odds and ends. I figure why buy a brand new one, when i can put a couple 1-2k into this one and get a couple if not more years out of her. I'll be sure to take pics and keep you updated on progress.

2. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

Think I'd only do mechanical issues for now and leave the body work for next spring.

3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Really the only thing wrong with it is the leaf shackle, but the body is in really rough shape. I'm in no rush to get it done, just thought it would be fun to fix her up and get her back to her glory days.

4. Omaha Plowboy

Omaha Plowboy Member

My plow truck's body is shot. We'll get through this season. Come spring I'm really thinking pick up cab and stepside box. I'm toying with the idea of a 3" body lift when we put the pick up body on.