1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm sure I'll end up blamed.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bajak, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

What do you think?
    PICT0029.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Two more.

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

is the wall actually caved in a little or just scratched?

Either way looks expensive if you get nailed for it :cry:

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Did you call right away when you noticed it? Show them no damage to your truck, they should understand.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I sure hope so anyway.

6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Were you driving the backhoe? Check anything at that height for concrete chips-i think you'd see some evidence somewhere-the metal would have been marked at least a little. I'm not seeing how a truck could do that without noticing-a heavy machine could though.

7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I had forgot my phone at home and by the time I got back it was too late. The phone rang just as I came in and it was already implied that It was the 'plowing company' not our 'delivery guy'.:realmad:
    PICT0032.jpg

I've always been in the habit of reporting my damages. These pictures were taken today. The indecent took place prior to yesterday morning before I arrived. My daughter had the camera for a school trip. The one time I could have really used it.:dizzy:

PICT0032.jpg

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

So what happens next? That's isn't something I would want to take the hit for just to make it go away.

9. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

Well I think that if this ended up in court, they would have to prove that it was you that did it, but really what proof do they have. Any cameras on the building?

10. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Can you tell from the chips which way the wall was hit? If you could show that it was hit by something backing in and (hopefully) find some tire tracks of someone correcting their path backward, that might be your best shot. time is of the essence though as that evidence might already be melted away.

11. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I plow with the backhoe. There is damage to the cap stone as well as damage to the block. There is no way I could damage both those areas with out leaving tire marks on the wider base of the wall.

Actually I'm wrong....... I could, but it wouldn't be left standing.

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

So what do you think hit it?

It had to have been something big for it to hit the top block like that.

13. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Could have been done by a tractor trailer that slid-tire marks would be key -or chunks of aluminum or steel from whatever hit it. If you could find material other than concrete/stone there (paint chips, metal rivets or sheet, etc) that would narrow it down. Even it it was the backhoe, it would be nice to know for sure either way.

That wall isn't structural is it? it looks like it just ends from the pics. What is it used for?

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thats going to be hard to prove. I m not saying it is you, but we are generally the fall guys. I think it was a cube truck the height looks right. Looks like as he left he turned to sharp and caught the corner of the wall. That explenaton will only work if he has to exit right fairly quickly. Good luck with that, let us know how it worked out.

PICT0029a.jpg

1GDJG31K391138734-3.jpg

15. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

My question is, how did they hit the wall behind the ballard? Even if it scrapped down the side of the wall the ballard would have stopped the corner from chipping.:dizzy:

16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

They must get signed deliveries, check with delivery companies through in the time frame.

17. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

do you have anything black on your truck? and no the snow deflector doesent count

18. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I think it was done while pulling away from the loading dock.

I think it was a van body. The top of the wall is 7'6" at the top end of the ramp.

The wall just divides the loading ramp from a garbage bin area.

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I agree totally with Paul, looks like the a$$ end of a truck slide down the wall as he was turning sharply pulling out...

20. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the company I work for just went through the same thing, no way we could have done it but the boss said write a check.