1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Stuck!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Dec 31, 2008.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I had been out for about 15 hours at this point. I wasn't a happy camper. An F350 dually 4x4 couldn't haul me out. Had to get a wrecker to winch me out. I was in this ditch for over 2 hours. Last drive, about a mile from my house, was on my way home, just cleaning up.

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

That sucks. Thats when it always happens on the last job for the day. Just part of the fun I guess.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

And you thought a Ford would pull you out. LOL Nice truck and blade BTW, I have the exact same combo in white.

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

You cant get that out ? I see no ballast in your truck or wet road for traction or even any digging to try to free it up. Not to be a A$$ but been stuck way worse than that buried up to the hood and to the frame on ice and still able to do some digging and couple of straps out they came. Even these guy got it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8swjI982jM

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Ya i am a never say die type cause the more stuck i get the more mad i get. And the more mad i am the more snow gets removed. I mean normaly if u pick up the phone and call the tow truck you get the run around. If we get a truck stuck its some place where a 2 wheel drive wrecker aint going,

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It happens to all of us at one time or another...just chalk it up to the cost of doing business and move on to the next mishap...

At least no one got hurt!

7. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I feel for you. I was stuck in my next door neighbors drive last year. Slid of the edge of the pavement. Had a buddy jerk it out with my old truck and a strap. It can happen.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would say that baby is sitting on the frame on the front end.

I did that once and almost took out the brick pillers at the front of the drive.

I like the color of your truck. You don't see too many.

9. fernalddude

I agree it sucks to be stuck and so close to the house. Yes good thing you were ok it will happen again so be ready for it.

10. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

The other day I dropped my truck off my local banks drive thru, the other side was a 2' drop off.

11. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

LOL. I teased the guy about it afterwards. He then reminded me who was in the ditch and who was not. I guess he had me there.

My next one will be white. I love this color blue, but it's impossible to keep clean.

I have 1100lbs of ballast, so that's not it. Believe me, I've been stuck worse too. I just figured everyone would want to see the pics of my latest mishap. There was no wet road for traction. The driveway that I was stuck on is on a blind hill/corner, so pulling out into the road was not an option, plus the road was snow/ice pack anyway. PS. I don't think you're an a$$. :waving:

Well, the guy in the F350 dually runs a towing company too. He lives right near me and was just driving by with his dually when I got stuck, so he stopped and offered to help. When that didn't work after a number of attempts, he had to go get his 4x4 wrecker. Part of the problem was no traction. The driveway was still snowpacked and the temp was about 10F and the wind blowing 40+. His dually has a sander, but it happened to be empty. He had just run a load through it 10 minutes earlier.

12. fernalddude

LMAO No prob :dizzy: just hate no winning in this buss

13. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

Now if you were a real man you would have hooked your winch onto the hydro pole near the other roadway and pulled it over on top of yourself.
    FYI I seen a guy get a truck out of a pretty bad spot one time by throwing an old chunk of carpet under the wheels. He said he always carried a roll when he was plowing. Used it for traction or if something broke throw it on the snow and stay dry and warmer.

14. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i have seen people do things like that throw there floor mats under the tires. Thats all i need a stuck truck and a ruind floor mat.

15. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Could have been worse I knocked my beer over while scrolling threw looking at your pictures now its a little flat.

16. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

You're right on both accounts. A winch would have been wonderful, as there was a pole I could have used. It was one of the things mentioned while waiting for the wrecker.

I never thought about the carpet idea, but it's a good one. I don't think it would have helped in this situation, but I'll have to remember that for next time.

lol. Sorry about that. The next ones on me.

17. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

What a way to end a hopefully productive day up until that point.

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That sucks, I would rather be stuck at the end of my route close to home rather than far away at the begining of the storm IMO

19. N.W.Plow

N.W.Plow Junior Member
    from N.W.

What were you thinking?

20. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

probably, oh crap i am going to slide off the road into the ditch.