1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Stuck

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by LEVE, Dec 9, 2010.

1. LEVE

LEVE Member

Last week, in 31" of snow the Ranger met it's match. As I was taking the first pass on the 300' driveway, I lost a chain on the back passenger side. Soon, I was shoveling out the Ranger. Till I lost the chain.. the SnowSport and the Ranger were doing just fine.

[​IMG]

The Harbor Freight winch has been working fine this season; a good modification to the plow.

2. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

If you are using a snowsport DON'T let the snow get that deep before going out. The snow was deeper than you plow height, that's a bad combination.

3. LEVE

LEVE Member

Yep, ya learn something new every day.... The tough part was getting to the house to the garage... that took a while!

4. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

I did the same thing last year. the further I plowed the deeper it got. Had to get the bobcat and dig my way out!

5. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Yep!

We had a massive Blizzard here last week and my lil girl took a beating. 24" of snow is just a B@tch to clean up with the HD Snow Sport. It showed its weaknesses for only the 2nd or 3rd time in 4 seasons.

C.

6. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

A 24" snow VS Snowsport is not a weakness, The Snowsport just has limitations and 24" exceeds it. Like Clent siad "a mans got to know his limitations".

7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Actually yes,

It is a weakness. The plow is unable to lower/raise automatically....nor can it take small swipes as a full hydro would do with the blade angled. I realized this 4-5 yrs. ago when purchasing but chose to accommodate the design limitation built into the product.
    In a Blizzard of the magnitude we had here in WI it was near impossible to plow safely. The snow drops off the lake and the winds are 55+mph for durations that exceed hours. Drifting is as high as the door frame of houses. It is truly a limitation... Lol!:waving:

C.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011