1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im so sick of electrical issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LLM Ann Arbor, Oct 8, 2006.

1. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I feel like beatin the hell out of something.

:gunsfiring:

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with you on that... but to top it I just looked in the local paper that I was running ads in this week (a crucial one because I knew everybody and there brother was going to have ads this week- and they did) For whatever reason, my ad didn't get run, IN BOTH Sections (two different towns):realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

now I have to wait another week and I feel I may have missed out because of this, crap

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I ahte electrical problems because they always seem to happen... all the time. I have sold trucks before because of electrical problems!

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

You buy the wrong trucks (Fords) then friend...... J/K... My best to a large prosperous season@!!!

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

TWO WORDS "CENTRAL HYDRAULICS!!!!!!!!!!!!":drinkup:

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Haha, no I have owend Fords, Dodges, and a Chevy... they are all the same.:D

7. LLM Ann Arbor

Most of the electric issues withplows and lights is all this qwick disconnect bullcrap everyone seems to be begging the industry for. What do I care if it takes fifteen minutes to mount my plowframe,blade and connections.

Ive hardwired my plow getting rid of all quick connectors except the lights and Im about ready to get rid of change over modules and hardwire those as well. Im capable of turning my headlights to run the running lights only. I dont need modules to do it for me.

My recommendation to the plow industry is to simplify this stuff and make it last.

But apparently they seem to believe that people want to pull up to the unit and never get out of the truck, getting hooked in seconds now.

The old school plows were a lot more reliable.

Can I get an Amen!

8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

AMEN............

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have always had electrical problems with some of my older trucks mostly due to other peoples butch wiring jobbs and ocassionaly one or two of my own.

I solved that a few years back by way of installing a remote fuse block that was specifically for aftermarket add-ons so that we didn't have to touch any of the factory wiring.

10. LLM Ann Arbor

Im with you on the fuse./terminal block.