1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm SICK of this "dusting of snow" crap

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 8, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Day after day, 1/4" to 1/2 of snow
    I get up at all hours, I go out and shovel off the walks, not even enough work to call my shovel guys out.
    I ice melt it, I make like $70, go back out in the afternoon, same thing
    storm after storm, day after day.

2 inches, that's all I ask, just 2"

from the local crappy weather people, it's the story of my life "According to 9NEWS Meteorologist Ashton Altieri, the winter weather and heavy snow warnings that had been effect for the Front Range have been canceled""

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

thats all that happens here. theres been about a dozen "dustings" so far this year. last year was the same thing, i dont even think it snows here in michigan anymore. im going to get rid of my plow and just do salting from now on!:nod:
  3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Be careful for what you wish for. Remener last year. Didn't CO get hit pretty bad?

My area is kid of the same. We have had 5 or so dustings and 1 3" snow.

I look for 3" everyother day.
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Dont feel bad. We are supposed to be the snow belt here in Ohio. Well, now all of the snow is going to central/southern Ohio instead:realmad:. I have had one plowable event and 2 saltings.

I agree with Lone Cowboy, SNOW DAMMIT!!!!!:gunsfiring:
  5. packey

packey Member

go into the mountains then. One of the guys I know called me yesterday begging for help. Here in craig we didn't get what they forecast but at least it was enough to keep me busy. :) especially covering guys who could not keep their trucks running.
  6. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

We never get what they forecast!! They called for 1/2"-1" mainly on the grass areas and should not stick to the roads! What we got: 4" and it laid everywhere. I'll take it, it just would be nice to be able to prepare with a proper forecast. Afterall, that is what they get paid for, right? The greatest job security: you can be completly wrong time after time and not loose your job!
  7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Same kinda deal here with the dustings and light snows. I've salted commercials 6 times, and have only plowed one commercial out of five yet this season. I have done the 13 or so resis once. Thankfully most of my resis are fairly zero tolorance and I decide.

And tonite/sunday morning, and sunday night we are expecting freezing rain and accumulations of! An inch.

So looks like another one of those deals. Proabably salt the commercials twice and do the resis.

I cant complain. Last year I didn't salt and it snowed like four times if that.
  8. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I feel for you Cowboy.

My last two winters where just about a wash out. It sucks too have investments in depending on winter and get crap in return. Lets just pray things get better!! There is still plenty of winter ahead of us!

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Hell, that worked good
    Since I"ve posted that this morning, there is now 4-5" on the ground and it's still snowing hard
    Been out since 3pm plowing the ones that need it and all set up to go tomorrow morning
    woohooo!!!! :yow!:

***** all you want, it makes it snow. (apparantly )