1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of it!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iowa, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Where the &!%# is all the snow going! I've only been out twice this year!

Midwesties, let's hope for a good February and March, I'm guessing it's going to stay this way though..... :mad: :angry:

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Yer just in the wrong zone this year. Thats why I have been coming to Michigan for the last 10yrs. I grew up over here and we always have more snow than over there. 1st plow was the night before Thanksgiving. And have been happy with the plowing since. Over where I live there have been far fewer snow events and am making more even w/added costs of travel than if I just waited over in McHenry. Am even going to buy a SHPE1500 Poly Hopper Spreader Bulldog V-Box so I can work more.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Hope you get some snow soon. We don't get a lot here, but I've plowed 9 seperate days now since Xmas, at 10 driveways each day. Biggest snowfall was today. Blizzard last nite with heavy rain today made for some heavy, heavy snow!
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

We have had 5 plowable events here and several salt only application events. We are about 95% commercial though. So far its been better than last year.
  5. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

damn push some of the white stuff down state ! ive only salted once! the temps arent gonna get below 35 for bout the next 6 days and everything coming in is gonna be rain :angry: oh well yup lets hope for nasty feb. and march ! keepn the fingers crossed
  6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

January alone has had me plowing on the 2nd, 9th, 12th, 15th, 19th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd (last 3 days were all from one storm). 8 days just this month and I think Dec. had me out 4 or 5 times, can't remember. This season started off real slow but has really kicked in now...still have 2 maybe 3 months left of plowing.

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Don't feel bad, we have all been there. Some years it seems as if every storm goes around us on all sides, but we never get a bit. This year is the exception. My brother called me this afternoon and told me that he just finished billing the past 3 weeks. $80,000+ in 3 weeks.. It's going to be a great summer!!!
  8. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Your not the only one. I live in the twin cities of MN and until last Friday we only had a total of about 5" of snow and ice. I have only been out twice this year. Luckily last weekend we picked up 8-10" to give us something to do.

I could use a few more months of snow.
  9. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I am still waiting too!!

Right in the middle of central Illinois, we have seemed to miss them all. Way down south before Christmas, couple of weeks later up north, and now up north again. I just want a good solid 4-6". I would be satisfied with that for now. I guess i will just have to sit back and wait. :drinkup:

10. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

It's going to Massachusetts. They don't get much snow usually, but this year they have it all. They got more snow than me in New Hampshire, and I'm more north than them, and near a lake and on high elevation. They are low elevation, and right on the coast, where it's usually warmer, and it is warmer, but it's been so cold that down there it's pretty cold too.

I want more snow too. :nod:
  11. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

it here in cape cod!

we just got our butts kicked here 30+

blizzard05 011.jpg
  12. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

You can keep the 30"+ I just want somthing more then an 1/2", let's say maybe 4". I'm with you Iowa we need some snow REAL BAD.
  13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Reaper, you don't commute for each event do you? I figure you stay at a second home or some thing the majority of the time. Or at least keep the plow there and commute with just the truck. Just curious how your able to make that work with the distance.
  14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Iowa, you've got plenty of company. This is Maine and I didn't plow this season until January. So far only three times: 9th, 17th and 20th. This last weekend "Storm of 2005" dumped a whole 1 1/2 inches here. :rolleyes:
  15. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

And now today we get to almost 50 degrees.

Sure has been a wierd year so far,
    Mark K
  16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

All the snow is here, pushing 100" so far, average is just 60". Just got more then 2 1/2 feet. Been plenty cold too.