1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm (shocked)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kingriver, Nov 30, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Hey Guys, how about alittle Pro's & Con's about shocks. I own a Silverado 1990 1 Ton, 454, and had a Western MVP installed couple years ago. I had installed Rancho 9000's 5-stage and they seem worn out. I went and purchased a set of Monroe's for replacement @ (1/2 the Rancho $) but am not sure if I should hold out for the more expensive, but yet more practical since this truck hauls around all that weight for 4-5 months each year ! Some times, better isnt more expensive--is it ! any thoughts:cool:

2. JasonGUnderhill

JasonGUnderhill Junior Member
    from Camden

KingRiver,
    I have a 2000 chevy 2500 and last summer I installed the Monroe Reflexs and they have worked out great. In the summer I'm hauling a laoded 15' trailer with all of my lawn equipment and usually the bed is rounded over with grass at the end of the day. They have held up great. Unloaded the are a little on the stiffer side, but that is to be expected. in all other conditions I have no complaints.

Jason