1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

im shocked at...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by supercuts, Oct 23, 2011.

1. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

I cant believe what people are charging for used equiptment. I must be getting old and remembering the good old days when plows were still $3000 ten+ years ago. I just saw an ad on craigslist for an old fisher 7.5' blade welded to a skid steer plate for $1400! its just a plade iwth 2 pistons on metal. no frame, wiring, pump, control, and its old to boot for $1400. is this stuff really worth that? i constantly see old frame mounted plows and meyer hoop plows for $2000 too. who wants to deal with old plows that work like crap and are hard to hook up, especially at those prices.

and i just sold my meyer MDII C8.5 plow for $2000 complete, did i give it way ?

just my $.02
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I saw an add this summer of a guy selling a 7'6 Fisher speedcast belt driven setup for a 73-87 GM truck. He was asking $2,000 Firm. :eek:
  3. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

i understand people can ask what they want and what matters is what it sells for.....do they sell them for anything close to that? i saw an add all summer for a tow behind york rake for a quad. they wanted $750 firm....was relisted every few days till it was gone.

makes me wonder....