1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm REALLY new to plowing

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beerguzzler50, Jul 27, 2007.

1. beerguzzler50

beerguzzler50 Junior Member

I bought a used fisher speedcast standard duty 7.5 foot plow for my 93 F150 to do my 400ft driveway. It seems in good condition. It has a belt driven hydraulic pump and I think I know how to hook all of this up, but one question. How do I drive the pump? I am assuming it is driven off the crank, but is there typically an additional pulley that is added there? Also, if I hvae to buy one, where is a good place and what size?

Thanks, this is definately new to me and I am learning lots on this site.
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would stop in a Fisher dealer that been around for some years and ask, I'm sure they would be happy to help you out. some new dealers may not have experience since they are getting kind of old. The electrics setups have been around for about 15 years now.

You may even check out Fishers web page they might even have the installation instructions in the archives.
  3. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Belt drive kits have been discontinued, however parts are still available. These kits can be located on Fisher's Web sit showing the instructions and part numbers. I assume when you said it was a Speed Cast that you have a conventional mount plow. So I suggest you follow this link to find the part numbers that you need. http://fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=103
    Good Luck
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Having used the different generations of Fisher in recent decades, I can say you'll be happy with the conventional Fisher for your truck. Minute mounts are nice, but I never would have given away my conventional if I didn't believe the salesman when he said I HAD to use the new system for the newer trucks. Good luck with it

5. 4wheelposi

4wheelposi Junior Member

Your going to need some brackets for the pump and a pully for the crank. Assuming tyou have a 5.0/5.8 engine you can find the kit here http://fisherplows.com/pdf/6385_040296.pdf

I assume you have the valves and frame mount for the plow. For what you are doing this is the plow to have....actually this is just the plow to have no matter what you are doing. Best plow fisher ever made and I'm glad I still got mine...and a little disappointed I finally got a minute mount because IMO a plow isn't worth its weight in scrap if it isn't reliable.

Good luck