1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm ready to rock!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Jan 2, 2014.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Discovered the greatest invention, gave it a test after installation.I believe this will be the best 25$ I've spent. No more blisters or worn out hands!Hoping it cuts my plow time down by at least 1% and less fatigue. Quite stylish also! bling bling

knob 005.jpg

knob 006.jpg
  2. leigh

from CT

Forgot to show one action shot, smooth!Thumbs Up Going to see if will help me "drift" my gmc 4500 with more style and flair.

knob 004.jpg
  3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

That has been around since the early days of trucking. It's calls a Suicide Knob because you can roll your vehicle in a heartbeat.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I believe they are illegal in commercial vehicles in a lot of states too.
  5. leigh

from CT

But they never offered them with such amazing colors, maybe I'll mount another one on the right side !
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

They're illegal here unless you're handicapped:nono:
  7. leigh

from CT

I'll take my chances , going to be used plowing private property, maybe I should have gone with a camo design, a little more stealthy.
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I got a blister my knuckle of my middle finger on my right hand....apparently that's what I use to shift to reverse with the controller in my hand
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

They come on almost every front end loader ive ever owned.Never knew they were illegal in a truck. Probably why ive never seen one in a truck though.
  10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have been considering one of those. I have a bad habit of using one finger to spin the wheel. After a couple days worth of plowing my finger feels like it's broken. I'm too stupid to know I am doing it.
  11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Are those legal in your state?
  12. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

My one employee has one, in one of my trucks and he swears by them. He tells me I need to get one but I'm fine without one at this time.
  13. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I had one on my K5 when I had a broken wrist. I was in a full cast up to my bicep. Still have it somewhere. Cool color though.
  14. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Drifting? Don't joke. I had my 35k gvw salt truck get loose drifting yesterday and almost crapped myself.
  15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I been doing this in a truck for 32 years never needed one no blisters here on my driving hand
    Now my finger tip gets raw from pushing my buttons on my ultra mount plow controller

There is a fine here if they catch you here
  16. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

There is only yet one thing that could possibly take that experience to a whole new level...

17. leigh

from CT

10 hrs plowing yesterdays 9" storm, "little blue balls" worked out just fine! Great for quick turns ,especially when backing up. Only drawback is if you let the wheel go and it rotates back on it's own,have to keep hand out of the way. Also lengthened wire on fishstick and switched to my right hand, always felt weird "doing it" with my left hand. I appreciate all the ideas and observations from the esteemed peanut gallery. I must be getting old though, I'm loosing my touch, actually fell asleep around 8pm after plowing for 10hrs and committed a terrible sin, found the evidence when I got up this morning, forgive me! (ps I did put some plastic wrap over glass and put in refridge for later)

snow 13 001.jpg
  18. leigh

from CT

Events have come full circle,my life is complete.My little blue buddy is a muti tasker! wesport (pay no attention to the bp monitor in background,I swear man it's not mine)

19. Billious

Billious Member

I got that same damned blister last storm!
  20. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Pic ofJennifer Aniston and your blue ball in your hand. Some things should be private.