1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im ready for the onslaught..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MileHigh, Oct 14, 2009.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Both plows all nice and serviced...I love being ready.

Got some new tread as well.

bfg all terrain ko.

I can already tell they don't have the traction in snow as the cooper discoverers do, but I'm sure this is a better quality tire as all my coopers tear up real quick.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

fords always look good with the a/t's on them. nice looking trucks too.
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Trust me those BFG's will dig and dig in the snow they are great tires all around. I run them on every truck I've owned and I love them in the snow.
  4. MileHigh

good to hear.
  5. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I had those tires put on last october on my dodge 2500. They are almost shot already. I don't know why. 12K miles...They were awesome in the snow though, hardly needed 4x4. I hope they last longer for you.
  6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Whats the deal with the CVOR # on the drivers side?
  7. MileHigh

They are USDOT numbers and are posted up on both sides.

They are legally required in the state of Colorado if your a registered business, with a Gross vehicle weight rating capacity or combined GVWR of over 10,001 pounds.

Truck = 9k GVWR
    Trailer = 7K GVWR

Puts me at 16K.

Many states require this....along with safety triangles and fire extinguisher.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  8. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

its something that will head up here, once the MTO attends a international conference. Same way the GST came across the pond
  9. Grassman09

Ohh okay. I think I am supposed to have a commercial license to legally haul my skid steer or dump trailer behind my trucks. Need to look into that..

Truck looks good man.. I run Cooper Discoverer M+S snow tires on my trucks in winter. Great traction.

10. Grassman09

How do we keep them from attending this conference? I don't want that crap on my truck..

I met a guy who hauls freight with his 3500 drw dodge and gooseneck he had his DOT # printed on a sheet of paper and stock onto the inside of the rear cab windows. When he is empty he takes them off he said.
  11. MileHigh

you can't beat that traction with the discoverer m+s...they are great.

How good do yours last though?...tread wear on those were crap for me.
  12. Grassman09

Well key is to take them off as soon as the snow is done and it starts to warm up. I ran them too long into the spring about 2 years ago now the set for the GM are not as soft.

I should get 3 or 4 years out of them. I didn't put the snows on the GM last year as I wasn't driving it myself and it was mainly doing driveways that truck.

I put a set on the Dodge when I bought it last year so I'll let you know in 3 to 4 years. LOL.
  13. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

You fool FORD'S cant push snow their under powered....:jester:
    Nice small fleet ,I admire your set -up....
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good man....your going to have a great winter....i have told you this since june..get ready. I want to get the 285's goodyear mtr's....i kno i heard they might stink in the snow...i just dont see how?