1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im now a 2 truck Operation

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Apr 18, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Just bought a second truck today. I cant wait to put it to work. I have a bunch of little things to fix on it. It has alot of rust along the rocker panels so i want to replace all that. The underneath is in real nice shape. The frame looks like it had undercoating on it and its flaking off and taking a small layer of metal with it. Over all, the truck is covered with rust but the metal is all still thick except for the rockers.

The engine and trans were recently rebuilt, it drives awesome, runs awesome, and the brakes work great. There are also some wiring bugs I need to chase down.

It came with a 8 foot whatever Western V plow with a trip edge. Its looks to be in pretty good shape. Its definately not as old as the rest of the truck (1992).

My plans are to replace the rockers, repaint the cab brown, try to get as much of the undercoating off as possible, blast the frame with POR15 sice I dont want to sand blast the whole frame to bare metal, Fix the speedo, add some gauges for pyro, water temp and trans temp, run trailer brake wires, and a few small things and get her on the road.

Im hoping for a good truck for lawncare and some snow plowing.

Heres the pics

92-Chevy-007.jpg

92-Chevy-008.jpg

92-Chevy-010.jpg

92-Chevy-012.jpg

2. stroker79

more pics...........

92-Chevy-016.jpg

92-Chevy-017.jpg

92-Chevy-018.jpg

92-Chevy-026.jpg

3. stroker79

last one......

92-Chevy-028.jpg

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

good summer time project good luck . gas or diesel ?

5. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

any pics of the plow??

6. stroker79

Yeah well sorta. I need the truck during the summer so ill be working on it here and there. I need to do a few things first before I even put it on the road though.

Its is a 6.5 Diesel, 3500 4WD.

Not really, there is one I just posted in the thread asking how you store a V bed salter

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In GoldPro's words spray it down with FF!:D

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL Nice truck Doug, it should work really well for you.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice looking truck doug. Hope it makes you the payup

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree nice looking truck. Keep us posted on the updates

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

u should paint some flames on it....:yow!::D

12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Congrads Classy!:salute:

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great doug......yet im pissed i offer the guy more money!:rolleyes:

14. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Kinda nice for a car with a dump body. lol

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice work truck

16. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Clearance David & Company Truck Maybe?

17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

That is what I was thinking. That box looks like it has one hell of a dump angle.

18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Will make a good work truck. Is it just me or does the passenger side T-bar need a few turns to make the front end level from side to side.

19. stroker79

All you locals keep pointing that out! lol Im painting the cab before it gets put to work for me. I just cant decide between brown metallic or just a plain white for the cab. Im leaving the box green since it looks pretty nice as is.

The crazy part is it wasnt up all the way in that pic! lol

I was playin with it today and it goes nearly vertical! Which will be nice since the floor is diamond plate versus smooth metal.

Maybe. I plan to crank the tbars alot since it sits so low. you should see it with the plow on. theres only about 1 inch gap between the tires and fender. I need to find a way in addition to the tbars to get some lift on it. No timbrens either.

20. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Maybe. I plan to crank the tbars alot since it sits so low. you should see it with the plow on. theres only about 1 inch gap between the tires and fender. I need to find a way in addition to the tbars to get some lift on it. No timbrens either.[/QUOTE]

If you really want to do it right without timbrens, I just put a leveling kit lift on my 06 without timbrens or cranking the torsion bars, PM me and I will give you the site. I dont know if you can post it here but the site is www.norcaltruck.com.