1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm not sure if my Down Pressure on plow is working?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Hooker751, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

I have a sno-way 26 series V Plow and I'm not sure if the down pressure is working when I turn it on. The DP Light comes on , but I'm not sure if it is working on the outside at the plow. Can some one help me with this? Is there a way of checking this myself or do I have to take it to a repair shop? Please let me own. Need your help!

Harold :confused:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

turn the Dp on you should hear and feel the Dp activate.
    What is the serial number of the plow?
    We can help more if you give us the serial number

3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Like Basher said, a serial number would help.

But from a "non-technical" stand-point, you should be able to feel the front end of the truck raise slightly (or see some movement in the plow) when the plow is down and you activate the down pressure.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You can definately hear the DP solenoid clicking when it is working.

5. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

another thing you can look at is when you press the down arrow with the dp off the plow will drop without affecting the charging system. when the dp is working you will hear and feel it as well as see a slight dip on your voltage gauge (although not nearly as much as when raising the plow)
    hope this helps

6. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Thank you guys for all your help with my snowplow problem. I'm sorry guys , I look at the snowplow wrong and it is a 28 series V plow and the serial numbers 28D101329 . I did find my problem today and I wasn't turning the DP button on at the snow plow. I guess, I thought I had it own all the time. I 'm really happy to see all of you helping me with this because I was LOST there for a min and needed help for sure. Again thank you to all that replied to me. I hope I can help someone too in the future. It is working fine now again.
    Harold in Indianapolis, In. :>)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ahhh You had the jack control switch in the wrong position. Been there done that:eek:. Snow and Ice can build up and cause that to happen when plowing.:realmad: Throwing a piece of duct tape across it works well to keep it dry and in the right configuration.

8. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Thank you so much again for all your help there. A little thing like this can cause a lot of headaches huh! HEE HEE LOL :0