Snow Plowing Forum banner

I'm not crazy right?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  cretebaby 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Tuning in early for this one. Someone get the popcorn, Scotty will be here soon.

Could be non CDL, if its registered and rated for 26k or less. Which would of course make it a Class 6 truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_classification

I love this line.....

"Solid daily driver perfect for the home owner, no CDL required"

I know dozens of white collar marketing managers in Suburbia, America looking for a six wheel dump

#7 ·
SMLCAT;1160277 said:
My understanding is that any vehicle with air brakes (except RV's) require a CDL and certainly those over 26,001#'s do.
Air brakes NEVER dictate whether or not you need a CDL.

2COR517;1160284 said:
Tuning in early for this one. Someone get the popcorn, Scotty will be here soon.

Could be non CDL, if its registered and rated for 26k or less. Which would of course make it a Class 6 truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_classification

I love this line.....

"Solid daily driver perfect for the home owner, no CDL required"

I know dozens of white collar marketing managers in Suburbia, America looking for a six wheel dump
Sorry I am late. Give me a heads up next time. :drinkup:

Technically it doesn't matter what it is registered at. If the GVWR is over 26k it would need a CDL if used in commerce. A homeowner using it for their private road or a daily driver would not need a CDL.

#8 ·
cretebaby;1171098 said:
Air brakes NEVER dictate whether or not you need a CDL.

Sorry I am late. Give me a heads up next time. :drinkup:

Technically it doesn't matter what it is registered at. If the GVWR is over 26k it would need a CDL if used in commerce. A homeowner using it for their private road or a daily driver would not need a CDL.
So...If i Slap the "Not for Hire" on the door...Do i still need a CDL...:rolleyes:....:waving:

#10 ·
LoneCowboy;1161233 said:
OMG
didn't we just do this thread?????????

can't anybody use the search?????
yes we did...this was more questioning some sort of recent revision/exemption to the 26,0000
i thought what are the odds 4 trucks listed in less than a week all say no CDL

#12 ·
Matson Snow;1171185 said:
Am i engaging in Commerce by driving said Truck to The party Plaza to Pick-up My Case

of Milwaukees Best Light.....Thats all i do all day.....:salute:
Negative.

You drink the Beast eh? :drinkup:

You know that is the stuff they squeegee off the floor right? :laughing:

#13 ·
cretebaby;1171195 said:
You know that is the stuff they squeegee off the floor right? :laughing:
You make that sound like it's a terrible thing......................

And I'm not sure I've ever seen a 4900 that didn't require a CDL in commercial use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.