1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm not crazy here, am I?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy82, Oct 16, 2001.

1. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

When I got onto the site just now I thought I saw snow flakes falling from the top of the screen. Please don't tell me that I am halucienating here. :confused:

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I've seen them too! Reminds me of trying to sleep after plowing for 24hrs!! ;)

3. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

No, not hallucinating...... maybe just daydreaming...[​IMG]

4. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

They are back again, only this time they are bigger and there are more of them. :(

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Must have melted as it fell, seems to have stopped now and no significant accumulation

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YAHOO !!! Its snowing..........Money falling
    from the sky...............................
    Slim Jim.......Got Grass...get those plows out.....
    ............Geo

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Something tells me that DaveK is responsible for the snow. Am I right?

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i hope it doesnt accumulate too much, cause then we wont be able to read the posts.:)

9. Randy

Randy Junior Member

I just love the snow flakes they are so cool. I saw them too. I think or it's just a day dream. :p

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I spoke to Mrs. Nature a few minutes ago... just going to be steady flurries with little to no accumulation. LOL!

Tim

11. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Well, the snow flakes were here. :D Really, they were. I took them off since there was a complaint about being distracting.

I have re-wrote it to allow users to enable them or disable them and it will "remember" your preference. Unfortunately, the new version cannot be in my signature. I offered it to PlowSite.com, so it is up to them to decide whether to use it or not.

Well, now I have to think of something else cool to put in my signature. :cool:

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Dave, I liked the snowflakes. How do you enable them. Thanks.

13. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Mick: you can't yet. If PlowSite adds them, you will be able to.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2001
  14. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

If anyone would like to add them to your own website, here is the script.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2001
  15. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully it will be a "go" for members to enable/disable the snowflakes as they prefer - myself, I think they're :cool: but after a while I DO find them gettin' a bit distracting!

I'm just glad they first appeared before snow season - if I'd logged on after a bunch of plowing and saw them I'd have been convinced I had finally cracked! :eek:

16. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

When you have a bunch of open windows the flakes can bog your system down.

17. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

usually only bogs down the old slower systems. lol :)

18. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

If I thought that they would be downloaded so many times, I would have came up with a way to get paid for each download. :D

If anyone feels guilty for getting them free, go ahead and email me some cash. ;) You should never send cash through snail mail, but it's ok to send it in email. LOL Just don't attach any white powder.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2001