1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dozerpilot, Sep 25, 2009.

1. dozerpilot

dozerpilot Junior Member

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself before I get too carried away asking questions. I'm a heavy equipment operator in the USAF, and just arrived at my 1st snow base, Ellsworth AFB, SD. Previous assignments were Nellis AFB, NV and Eglin AFB, FL, plus a few little trips to other hot places, so that should give you a hint at my real world experience level. I'll be in charge of base and airfield snow removal operations and a crew of around 20 ( 1 of 3 shifts). I'm looking forward to gaining a little more insight into my newest challenge. There are a lot of good guys on my crew that will be helping me along, but I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks.

TSgt L.
    ussmileyflag

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for serving:salute:ussmileyflag, and welcome aboard!

Tons and tons of reading here. The search button is very effective.

3. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Thank you for your service! My son was stationed at Hurlburt for a few years.

I still consider myself a new kid on the block here, but everyone has been very helpful. I started with nothing and ended up with a new plow and a lot of good advise.

Welcome aboard.

Steve

4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

A big thanks and welcome ussmileyflag :drinkup:

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So who did you pee off that got you sent to snow hell?:realmad::D

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The military is good training for snow removal work, it's all hurry up and wait. Why we are all hanging out posting foolish BS.:D

Welcome aboard, the search feature can save a lot of time and provide lots of answers. Its available 24/7 and there's no waiting for information.

The airfields around here are using lots of pre-application of liquids for the ramps and runways, we'd sure be interested in your approach and what liquids you are using. The goverment has the money and manpower to use all the cool stuff. I'm guessing they already have a clear mobilization plan in place?

7. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

What kind of equipment do you have at your disposal?

8. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

I would also love to know! Maybe some pics of military grade plows and throwers!

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to PS and THANKS for your service.

10. dozerpilot

dozerpilot Junior Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is an honor to serve. I didn't get sent to Ellsworth, I chose this assingment actually. I'm still getting spun up on the snow plan and our equipment, but I can say we have a lot of nice machinery. The 28 CES, my new Squadron, just won the Air Combat Command award for snow removal for the second year in a row. I'm very happy to be here. Everything is pretty much packed into the snow barn still, so I haven't had a good chance to look it all over. It may be a week or so, but I'll be taking and posting pictures as the mission allows. The shop is going to be busy, but we'll have of couple of the 20' brooms out doing rubber removal on the airfield, which sould make for good pictures. More info on our equipment and chemicals to come. I'll be studying the snow plan this weekend, trying to get a handle on my new position. Thank you again for the welcome, and for sharing your knowledge and experience on this forum.

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to PS and thank you for your service. ussmileyflag

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Something to look forward too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for your service and welcome to plowsite....look forward to seeing some equipment pics ussmileyflag

14. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Welcome to PS, and more importantly, Thank you for your service!

I look forward to your posts.

15. Welcome to the site and thanks for serving. As a former Air Force civil engineer (2849th CES Hill AFB UT) I have seen what you guys are capable of and the equipment that you use. Awsome!!. I once saw a blower chew through half of a car before it stopped. Good luck!

16. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Thank you for serving! As a fellow newbie to the site I will let you know there is a tremendous amount of good information on here and many very helpful people with great insight to help you along the way! I too look forward to your equipment pics and welcome to PS.