1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im new can someone help me with this truck I may get !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GMC MAN 122389, Jul 6, 2009.

1. GMC MAN 122389

GMC MAN 122389 Junior Member

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The truck it self looks good. How is the mechanics of it? 2500 are good to plow with.

3. GMC MAN 122389

It runs good or so it seems. I just want peoples opinion on this truck and if they know anyone who runs a plow truck like this

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks good- my Brother-in-law had the same truck and beat the ba!!s off it for 250K. Sold it and its still going strong. Go for it.

5. GMC MAN 122389

Do you guys think that is a fair price? He said he has a plow its in decent working shape. Its 15 years old and he said he would sell everything for 6500

6. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

what kind of plow ?? and those trucks last forever very good start and the 2500 are perfect

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If the truck had a plow on it then you better check it VERY closely.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought my 97 with 75K on it two years ago. It has been a very good truck. I agree with Hydro, really look things over if it has plowed.

Here's a good thread to read:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=48956

This isn't to scare you, but something to be aware of. You definitely want to check for the frame cracks. It's not a huge deal to fix, but you might be able to negotiate the price way down.