1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i'm lost need help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cutbetterthanyo, Nov 6, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I bought this plow cheap, it is damaged and i am planning on useing the hydrolics on a different plow with no hydros. My problem is i don't know what it is. I know it is a fisher, but how do you tell the difference i a mm1 and a mm2 ? Are there any difference in the hydros? It has all of the plowside harness, but no truck side. Can i cut the plug off, and wire a controller with crimp on connecters. I don't care about that stuff as it is a dedacated plow truck. I want to keep the cost down as cheap as possible and make the job as simple as possible. Any suggestions? here is the plow

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

That is a contradiction in terms. Some day, maybe today, you will learn to do something quick and correctly costs money. Try to cut corners and save money and it will take 10 times longer, waste all your time which I assume is valuable, plus it's very likely it wil end up costing just as much dollars in the end. Take the dollar value of your time and you will find your spending alot of money.
    As for your questions I am a bit unclear of what your trying to do. I've read it a couple times but I'm just confused. Sounds like you want to take that plow in the picture and put a different hydraulic pak on it because that one is bad. Is that right?
  3. cutbetterthanyo

No, the opposite. I have a plow on the truck now, but it is just up and down. Kind of a rig .This one hit a curb and the cuttung edge and frameing are broke. I was going to take the hyrdo pump(newly rebuilt) and cylinders off this one and put it on the truck and trucks plow. I just don't understand the wiring . The pump has two wires going to the pump with a plug i was just going to lenghtn them out and take them to the battery. Then there is a headlight wireing, i was just going to slice into this and rig it to the truck. But not real sure of the controller, there is a nine pin plug from the pump, haven't cut it open but not real sure how to hook it up.9 pins = 9 wires right?

1 up
    2 down
    3 right
    4 left
    5 hot
    6 ground
    7,8,9 what are they to?
  4. cutbetterthanyo

Do you know the difference in then mm1 mm2 ? I want to get al this working, but not real sure where to start.
  5. ElberyLandscape

ElberyLandscape Junior Member
    from MA

Looks like a mm1 to me. definetly older looking headgear. As far as riging the two plows together i really dont think that they are compatable.
  6. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

So the plow on your truck does not have angling ability (left and right)? If thats the case you have alot of custom fabrication work ahead of you to make that pump and angle cylinders fit your plow.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

That is a Minute Mount One plow with an SEHP pump. The pump is a two plug with the first plug with the two wires (red and black) being the power and ground, and the other plug being a 9 pin controlling your up down left right, high and low beam plus parking and turn signals. I'm not sure how bad the trip edge is on the plow, but maybe it might be better to fix the blade there and use that entire set up since it doesn't look to bad. Only an idea though.....
  8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ya I am lost too on what you are trying to do. What is the damage on the plow in the picture. I would also say fix that one. Post pics of the damage. However a plow does not care what is controlling the hydraulics. I have see Meyer on Fisher set ups as well as the Fenner set up I have. I made my own harness, you just need to know what wire does what. This link will show you the SEHP pump and insta-act pump diagram. You can build your own seperate harness with this using a Fisher Joystick or 2 toggles if you are wiring savy.
    Good luck.
  9. cutbetterthanyo

That is what i thought about the 9 pin, but it also has a little white plug. I kind of thought that one was for the lights? If the lights are in the 9 pin what is the third little white plug for?
  10. cutbetterthanyo

I had thought about fixing the mm1 but it was going to be $400 in parts, then i have to still have get all the truckside mounts and wiring. The custom fab is no big deal, i have done all kinds of custom work on cars. The wiring i don't think will be a big deal, i just don't know what all the wiring on the plow side does.