1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

im lost but might be stupid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by aus316, Feb 20, 2007.

1. aus316

aus316 Member

Hi all i know we all sufferin from long times behind the wheel but this morn bout 5 am my brothers (beancounter)accountant calls and says his plower has come up mia for 5 days now:nono: and wants to know if i am free so i stop and see him and he pays me to free him up 4 now payup and then he says he isnt happy and wants to discuss a contract:drinkup: but i tell him since is so close to end i dont need 1 ( i say u tell me when ill be here(2 inches) if sumfin comes up ill call i guess what ever happened to honor ??? when did it all become about contracts???? (plow safe my brothers and rock on):gunsfiring:
  2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

So I guess your question is when did the gentlemans agreement or a handshake go out the window?Why do we need contracts?Well people change with money.You say hey I will do this for 100 a time well your friend might be thinking about that beautiful girl walking by his window and he heard 50 dollars.So you plow charge him 100 he says ow no you said fifty.Then its your word against his.Now you are a scumbag and tryed to rip him off.Just stuff like that.Contracts keep everything business and you can still be friends.I always say if a friend wants to borrow money NO WAY if he really needs it to by his family food or something I GIVE them the money.I say it is a gift you don't have to pay it back but if you feel you need to pay it back ok.But I will never ask you for it.Friends and money deals with no contracts will soon follow by disaster.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have been plowing ~70 residential driveways for 21 years (O MY GOD!!!) since 1986..
    I have never had a contract, my word was my contract and Ive never had a problem!!:)