1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm looking for a truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bmsnow, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

So for the most part i use holder tractors to blow snow. but i have a service truck for fueling and plowing some larger driveways, this thing is probly going to die this winter..... So i need to have another truck ready... I do need to haul equipment but not every day, i want a four door short bed, as long as my sled fits in the back lol......with a transfer tank that is.............................. im looking to spend under 20,000 wants everyone opinion. i really like the chevy duramax..... what do you guys think?

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Define 4 door. LIke 4 full doors with a Crew Cab, or a 2 doors and 2 rear suicide doors like an Extended cab?

Also, be aware that with Fords, Ford did not recommend mounting a plow on a Crew Cab diesel . This changed in 2005.

3. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

If you Sled is a Mountain sled it will just barely fit in a short bed with a L shaped tranfer tank. Not ideal. My Summit 154" hung out the back quite a bit.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

W/ a mountain sled that has to be quite a bit of sled hanging over. :)

5. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Here it is in my other shorty with no tranfer tank, fit good with no tank.

colorado 3 025.jpg

6. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

He don't need a truck he's just showin off his toys

7. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

i would like a four door, i have two kids so i could use the extra room...... thanks deamon thats the kinda info im looking for......

8. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

bird......... that doesnt seem to bad ,but definitely no transfer tank so regular bed it is....

9. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

So for the most part i use holder tractors to blow snow. but i have a service truck for fueling and plowing some larger driveways, this thing is probly going to die this winter..... So i need to have another truck ready... I do need to haul equipment but not every day, i want a four door short bed, as long as my sled fits in the back lol......with a transfer tank that is.............................. im looking to spend under 20,000 wants everyone opinion. i really like the chevy duramax..... what do you guys think?

I was answering his question as to if a sled would fit with a tranfer tank.

10. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Ya I had to squeeze it in with the tranfer tank and use tie downs to keep it put. A verticle tank should work for you but the loss of fuel storage space might not be worth it. Next time around I will go long bed.

Good luck with your search.