1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im looking for a Crew cab 450/ ex-Brickman truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by newhere, Jan 6, 2013.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

If any one knows of or sees one for sale please let me know. Normally there are always 20 or so floating around on the web but im having a hard time finding a decent one.

Maybe when they get a new order in the spring the market will be flooded again

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3762075

looking for something like that with a 7.3

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

There is a bunch of them at a dealer in lancaster/Carrol Ohio. My next door neighboor bought his from that guy. I could get a phone number for him if you want?...

3. newhere

from Fenton

thanks mike even a name of the dealer and im sure google will have it.\

(the dealers normally want to much for them but we will see)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Does it have to be an X Brickman truck? Are U tryin to use there color schema as a canvas, or starting point??

5. newhere

from Fenton

no not at all but they are normally in the price range im looking for and they all have the same beds on them

Any crew cab f-450 with a stake bed on it. Not looking for a mason dump

Normally these trucks can be found in nice shape just retired for 6,000-8,500. The dealers just try to get rich off of them.

6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Kevin 937-603-3901

I just got mine from him, tell him Jason sent you..

Stay away from the 6.0, i think he has the 7.3's.. mine was the only 4x4 but he might have got some more.. I love it, already worked the hell of it, made some nice coin last storm with it.. It's been on the road daily since i brought it home. 2wd are under 10k

7. newhere

from Fenton

I was going to send you message asking if that was a brickman truck. I take it yours was over the 10k mark?

8. Flawless440

I paid 12.5k with the ultra mount 9ft western.. had 75k miles on it.. dump bed hinges were seized, that was fun cutting them off. spent $180 on new hinges then we welded them on.. Can't beleave we did it

9. newhere

from Fenton

Thats not a bad price. When the market seems to be flooded they tend to all be going under the 10k mark. Last spring i passed on afew mint 4x4 crew cabs with 9' ultra mounts for 8,500 each. I should have snagged all 4 up.

Im still debating on new/used myself. If i could find a decent truck in the 7,000 range i may go that route but when i start over 10 then add paint, repairs, new tires etc im at about 15k real quick. Thats a hefty down payment on a new truck.

10. Flawless440

man 8.5 was a deal.. a lot of truck for the money.. I didnt even paint mine just threw decals on it

11. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

My uncle just bought one. It is only rear wheel drive. It has 101K on it. It was one of the last 7.3's made. the truck is a 2003 with dump bed. He paid $8500 + tax title........... It has all controllers etc for a plow but plow didn't come with it. He didn't buy it to plow nor does he intend to so he could have cared less about that. What is really crazy is that thing was on that car lot for like 2 months!! The dealer thought it was because the paint scheme was so ugly so he had the fenders repainted to make the whole truck that light milky color. Looks good though......

Same as above, bed sides were garbage and needed redone. Other than that this truck was in GREAT shape outside and underneath which I found surprising. Interior looks like they had the Mexicans living in it. Seats were worn throughout the whole truck. Typical high sitting ford, huge whole in the drivers seat.

12. newhere

from Fenton

I had to put a new hoist in mine because the hinge pins were seized to the sleeves. Check yours real good. I thought mine were ok because the body went up and down just fine but it was tweaking the metal every time until it broke. We just put a new hoist under it for around 1,400 including fab work to beef it up. Im addition i added about 6 extra grease zerks

13. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Search this guy's # on Chicago Craig's. 847 456 6369
    He had an '02 no plow ex brickman truck for $7k. From the pics it looks like he has more. Don't see it up there any more but never hurts to ask.

14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Jerry kerkhof auto sales in Indianapolis has a 2003 with the 7.3 for $11,000

15. Lightningllc

Lightningllc 2000 Club Member

When you find a couple let me know, I still have the 2 I bought wouldnt mind 2 more.

I didn't pay anything close to 8000 and I got plows.

Think I paid 5000

16. newhere

from Fenton

I was gona call paul today. He doesnt still get them does he?

17. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

18. newhere

from Fenton

Any one know of any others?

so far a bunch of loosers that start with a fair price and then try to jack it up when they know your serious. We go from 7k to 13k because it "runs great".

19. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

Stay far away i have worked for brickman for several years, when the trucks r retired they r beat to ****. Not to mention all the issues the 6.0 have had w the egr valves injectors and fuel tanks. Do u actually think a corp that large wld get rid of a truck w only 76000 miles..

20. newhere

from Fenton

Your a idiot. Im not going to argue with stupid.