1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im lettered

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Jan 7, 2007.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Hello,

I have just gotten my back window lettered up. The decal turned out awesome but I installed it personally and will never do that again. I botched part of it but overall its ok. As you'll notice the website is crooked on the left and the "a" has wrinkles in it. Both are my fault. But if you look past those issues it looks sweet.

The yellow parts are reflective and it really shines!

Heres the pics

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

Nice job, good colors

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Nice job, how much did that cost you?

4. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

looks good I have a vinyl machine and do a lot of graphics work on amusement rides I restore. You may be able to get the wrinkle out with a hair dryer and your fingers. Use the hair dryer on low, warm up the vinyl and then try and smooth out the wrinkle.

Not much you can do about the adress being off a little but from the picture it looks great. I doubt many people will even notice that.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! Very cool colors! :salute:

6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Looks sweet!! Does it block your vision out of the window much or can you see through it?

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I love reflective vynal and think it is worth the money for it......looks great! lil crooked but, it doesn't matter too much! Did you cut it so you can still open your slider window?

8. stroker79

Thank you!

It was $135 from sign-a-rama who i must say was awesome to work with. Decent price IMO and they did a great job. I will be a loyoal customer from here on out.

Good to know, ill have to try that. It was about 45* out when i was appliying it so that didnt help much either. live n learn i guess. Thanks for the advice, i will try that soon.

Thank You!

Thanks!

You cannot see through the decal but there is enough negative area that I can still see out the back ok. The only thing im worried about is plowing in the dark since the window is tinted from the factory and now the decal. Ill just have to make sure I take it easy.

9. stroker79

Thanks, I really like the reflective aspect as well. It really stands out! I did cut it so the slider still moves but i doubt ill ever open it. I may replace the window if the graphic causes me problems in favor of a non sliding rear window. We will see.....

Also, I like your mags, they also turned out really nice!

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Looks good, i like the color scheme too. Too late now, but some advice if youll be putting on more decals...spray the whole area with windex and make sure its soaking wet, then put the decal on it and you move it around as needed, then run a squeegee over it to get out the air bubbles and excess windex...peel the backing off and let it dry into place.

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

It's not crooked! You just have to tilt your head a bit.:D :D Just joking

12. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Looks good. I would of put the web address on one window and the phone number on the other. That way they wouldn't be broke up.

13. stroker79

Thanks!

I tried that once and it worked great. I was going to do that this time but the installer at the sign shop said to tape it accros the top, then vertically in the middle to act as a hinge. Then to do one side at a time. I didnt like this way at all.

Grrrrr, haha

Yeah in after thougt i would have done that too. In after thought, I should have cut it up ahead of time for the 3 sections of windows and applied it that way and like you said, had the phone # on one side and the website on the other. oh well, next time, lol

When it comes time to my trailer, im paying to get it installed! haha

14. stroker79

I appreciate all the feedback! PRAY FOR SNOW! payup :bluebounc

15. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's a very nice design! imo i would put it on the side of the truck too.

16. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

I had my truck lettered by Mark Signs.....He did an awsome job, it was 2 colors which made it hard to line up, he was the cheapest person I found by far....His email is mark@portugalusa.com just put Vinyl work in the subject line. He also does logo design, buisness cards, and pretty much anything printing. He is awsome and FAST........

IMG_0003.jpg

17. stroker79

nice! it looks good

18. stroker79

Thanks!

we will see. this is my personal truck as well. during the mowing season, i will have a trailer that is lettered on all 4 sides that i will be pulling.

19. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

KingDuramax,

just wanted to tell you that....

I love your signature! :waving: :drinkup: :drinkup: :waving: