1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im kind of impressed...

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by SnowFakers, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

While browsing youtube yesterday I ran across this... Needless to say I was a little surprised. He doesn't do a great job but the truck seems to handle the snow well. I knew these trucks could plow and im not sure it really was 30 inches but still....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BjEtq2x2jY

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

He's a member here...and that also proves Tundras can hold a plow. Would I have one? Hell no. But thats an 850 pound plow on a half ton truck and its not struggling.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Damn, that truck does very well!

4. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

After reading the comments I guess its just a summer home, some people write some stupid stuff on youtube! and I agree it does really well

5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

im impressed too! so yes it does handle well now but im wondering in the long run how would that do? i would be a little worried about those parts wearing out too fast and especially with the axle i dont know for sure but i have heard they are weak axles. i would drive a tundra to plow with if i knew there parts were made to handle that

6. 2006Sierra1500

That storm was hell no matter where you were. Plus, in that storm, the 3/4 ton pickup got outplowed by the half ton pickup. I still haven't figured out a plausible reason as to how.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm planning on putting an 8' Fisher HD Minute Mount 2 on my Tundra. I have no doubt in my mind it will hand an 8' plow fine. I'm also tossing around the idea of buying a 7.5' Snow Dogg VMD with wings.

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

That's my buddy Jon. Truck handles the plow great. It's a mm1 too which people said wouldn't work!

9. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Go V! I can't wait to use mine. I bought mine just for that one in every 10 year storm that dumps 30 inches. I watched the straight blades struggle just opening up driveways last time, I decided I wouldn't be one of them

10. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

What year is his truck? They actually made those mounts for his truck?

11. gtmustang00

from Berlin

2007. He had to switch the plow over to 3 plug. Truck side was brand new.

12. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Oh yeah I forgot you can mount the mm1 into the mm2 mount right?

13. gtmustang00

from Berlin

That's correct.

14. 2006Sierra1500

The funny part is, there is no MM1 vs MM2 truck side mount. Just wiring. The pushplates never really changed.

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to go with a V but, I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra money when I only plow a few driveways.

On my Chevy I had "MM1 push plates" and they worked fine with my MM2 plow. I heard the MM2 push plates are flared out a little wider so the plow can be off to the side a little more and the push plates will guide it in.

16. 2006Sierra1500

Thats not in the pushplate, its in the plow itself.

17. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

While I havnt plowed with my new V yet... I only am do driveways right now and helping to cleanup a condo complex for another guy but it's a straight blade and then some, to me it was worth the extra expense to be able to be a straight blade or any variation. Your call, but I would. I can't count how many guys I have talked to that once they switched they will me be go back, and aren't sure how they plowed without it for so long. I havnt used mine yet, hoping I praise it like others

18. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I thought it was impressive at the 1:42 mark, the plow angled to the right the way it did