1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm in trouble!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LB Landscaping, Apr 3, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm screwed. The forecast for Portland Maine is 3'-6" tonight and through tomorrow with an additional couple of inches tomorrow night and guess what, I"VE GOT NO PLOW!!! Haven't gotten the plow put on my new truck, I decided on a Boss but my dealer has them on order. This is one storm that I pray the weather men screw up on. Mother nature is peeing me off!!:realmad: :realmad: I was getting geared up to start some spring clean-ups on Monday.:realmad: :realmad:

2. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

LB,

are you looking for help or for someone to smack mother nature back into line???

I am in CT, but ya never know....

Pete

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I told ya not to buy an ugly truck,now look,you just got it and it's already bringing you bad luck.Oh christ,i'll drive up there and bail you out:rolleyes: with my good looking truck:D

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

LOL Arc, just wait till I get my plow, my piles will be soooo big you'll see them down there!!!!!
    I've got a buddy that will let me use his truck if we do get any significant snow, it's just a hassle. Not to mention things just started sprouting over the last week and a half.

5. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

We all look for help to smack momma up (at times), she's a big girl... If ya smack her up to much she will either run away & shut up , or take a big dump all over ya...
    NEVER talk back to yo momma or say bad things about momma cuz she's always right.... She programs our buttons & knows just how & when to push them...
    Never **** off yo momma cuz she can & will make your life hell...

She can also line your pockets with gold...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2003
  6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Don't feel bad LB we are getting freezing rain and sleet, there is about 3-4 inches already and my truck is in the shop getting a head (gasket) job:eek: oh well i guess i can keep my driveway clean at least maybe it will be done today hopefully otherwise :drinkup: :drinkup: time

7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

We got our baby last week, never been so much tired. We came back home last saturday afternoon, we were at the hospital since monday morning, and been hit by a storm sunday, forecast was 4" and we had close to 10". now forecast for tommorow is 10", I hope they will be wrong on that one!

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Congrats on the baby Denis.If your gonna get the snow\ice we are experiencing now,your gonna be busy.

9. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Hey Denis congrats!!
    Got Grass LOL!!!!
    Well nothing so far maybe I'll be able to sneak by with nothing. We were supposed to have 3"-6" by this morning but there isn't even a trace on the ground. I better knock on wood though.

10. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

suite.....

Thanks wyldman, I keep an eyes on the radar and the jetstream since yesterdays night. It's on our way for thomorow morning, I heard Toronto is close, look pretty bad for you. Temp is still low(it's been cold, last sunday's storm is still on the ground). I gonna keep my finger crossed for dry snow. We are under alert for heavy snowfall.

Now to stay on topic

Look for sub around you, and you may call your customer and explain the situation ( you had to jump on a deal right now to keep the cost low...for better equipment for next years, leading on a better service), a lot of them may not need to be serviced.

I spend the week on collection duty, and a lot of people told me how surprise they were when they saw the driveway clean (they did not expext to be done, some told don't come back until next year and they are under seasonnal contract). Everybody is tired of winter and they know how fast is gonna melt. This is valuable for residential only and remember slip and fall lawsuit doesn't really exist around here.

11. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Thanks LB, I heard you, I don't want that snow moore than you.

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

GREAT!!!

Does mean winter is back????

:nod: :nod: :waving:

13. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Just put the plows back on, my salt supplier is out so to day I drove a 100 kics to pick up salt, we're on then rain / snow line.
    Now folk lore here has the robin snow, the smelt snow, and the poor mans fertilizer What's this going to be?
    for you landlocked guys without a seacoast, the smelts are a fish that comes up the rivers to spawn in spring.
    Bill

14. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Well we're getting hit. Nothing major but we will definatly end up with a few inches. Supposed to be in the close to 50 for the next two days and then another mess on Tuesday. Looks like winter isn't gone yet boys!!!:realmad: