1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im going to bite the bullet and buy it already

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Jan 14, 2008.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

well i think i am going to bite the bullet and buy a snowman rear plow SC7 with the 45 degree wings. Brand new to my doorstep $3464. I plan on helping a bobcat with a 8 ft push/pull protech to do 130 driveways. Assuming the pull plow and cat were pulling the drives out and another cat and plow cleaning up the streets after them, How long do you think 130 drives can be done in. Im just curious and thought I would bounce it off yall. Its going on my ram 2500 w/810.

2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I would really think about that move living in Hazlet...LOL

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Two year ago we used a ranger with a 720 to pull out 121 townhome (small) drives at a complex and this year we use a sub who has a Blazer with a 7 foot Meyer. Both are about the same timing and having the small truck really helped with these types of driveways. We can pull them in under 3 hours with ease. I think it was even faster, but 3 hours at the max.

The shovelers can take care of all of the units in about the same time (3 people). The roadways take an hour.

I don't know about rear blades, but I don't know how they can be that much faster on driveways that you would never back into anyway.

These driveways were just a bit bigger then one car btw.

Hope that is somewhat relevant.

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

DON'T DO IT... :eek:

It doesn't snow here in New jersey anymore! :cry:

Go out to diner with your wife a few times, the money will be better spent! payup

5. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

matt i was thinkin about doin the same but it doesnt snow enough here... I think i just got screwed out of 3 accounts so I can send one of my trucks over there to help with driveways if needed

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Good idea MnM for your area in hazlet, with not many looped drivways! The only reason i would not do it because we have no snow, wait until next year!:waving:

7. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

8. MnM

MnM Senior Member

Im getting it to do ,as said before, 130 driveways in a HOA I do. they are double drives maybe 25 x 25. I want to be able to finish these drives faster than it has taken us in the past. I dont care if it snows or not (ACTUALLY I REALLY DO) I want to be able to service these people better than before, not like i havent been doing a good job, they went through 4 companies before me and this is my 3 year. sorry im rambling just mad cause its raining