1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im Geting A Plow!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by crstal, Jan 30, 2004.

1. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

Well im going wiht a meyer 7.5 plow.. this is my frist plow and never plowed before what are some things i need to know. thanks!

2. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

BTW if anybody knows where i can get it and put on ASAP let me know or a plow like it for under 2700 thanks!

3. bingermann

bingermann Member

I have bought a couple of Meyer St7.5 used with E60 pumps. Make sure you inspect the A-Frame for cracks. If it is cracked you can replace it for about $190. I found a couple of cracks in one of mine and welded it back up with no problems. :) Also I have never paid more than $1000.00 for a used plow. But be careful because some people beat the crap out of them and don't do proper maintenance. You can expect to rebuild your motor and that costs about $230.