1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Buying A Pathfinder Plow, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LawnSmith, Aug 9, 2001.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i did a search and didnt find much. i would like first hand experience if anyone has any on Pathfinder plows. they seem to be very stout. i am waiting on their video demonstration in the mail. anyone have any comments or thoughts? thanks in advance.

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Lawnsmith, I have seen the pathfinder with the trip edge design in use around here (they are made about fifty miles to the south) and the trip blade design. My personal preference is for the trip edge design. They will hold a load better when you hit an obstruction ( manhole, curb ) than will the trip blade. From what I have seen the plow seems to be well built and reasonably priced when compared to other plows sold in this area. My question to you is how close is the dealer to you ? This should be a major consideration when buying any plow . Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2001
  3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I talked to a guy that has the trip edge pathfinder. He said that the tripping was much better than a fisher , it rolleld snow better and he has had no problems with it the three yrs he has had it. When I looked in to one,. their was no dealers just factory direct

4. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

hey thanks for the positive feedback. there are no dealers near me. i am having it shipped directly to me for a little over 200 bucks. still, even w/ this addition to the plow cost it is still cheaper than any plow in the area. i am very excited about this plow, it seems a lot better than some of the others. thanks again!!

5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i just watched the video that Pathfinder sent me. Insane!!!!! is all i can say. that has got to be the toughest plow i have ever seen! it showed a dodge truck w/ plow down going across 5 sets of railroad tracks in a row! and, i am not talking the regular spot everyone crosses, i mean straight over the tracks like 8 inches high! the damn truck was bouncing off the ground they were hitting the tracks w/ so much force. no damage to plow or mounting whatsoever. showed them hitting manhole covers and 40+ mph w.out damage. going down a rutted rock/dirt/gravel road at about 25 mph w/out damage! this thing is ridiculous. i cant get one fast enough!