1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm back....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MsQueen, Jan 21, 2005.

1. MsQueen

MsQueen Member

I"m the one with the dismount/mounting problem on the Fisher MM2. I tried what some of you suggested by putting a block of wood under the jack stand. Boy was that a hoot! Not only did it not help, the plow lowered about 2 more inches once I backed out of it. So I ended up on my stomach the other day by trying to jack up the plow so it would engage. Once it was jacked up it was like butter engaging the pins. I am so frustrated with this #*$%@ plow.

Another question, should I be checking my hydralic fluid? This is my second year and only have done about 20 driveways.

2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Can't help you with the mounting problem, I have a Boss plow. Takes me about a minute to hook it up once I'm lined up. I suggest you practice mounting/dismounting during the fall when it's still nice out until you get it down to a routine, then next season will be easy for you. Another thing you could do is either go to your Fisher dealer and have him run you through it a few times so he can show you what you're doing wrong, or even another guy you might see at Dunkin' Donuts or the gas station who has the same plow as you. Most operators are willing to help another one out.
    You should check your hydraulic fluid periodically, usually either before or after every major plowing event. You don't want to find out you're too low at 3 in the morning when you're in the middle of a lot or driveway. Always a good idea to keep a bottle in the truck for emergencies, along with all the other 'standard' emergency gear and tools. Periodic maintenance of your truck and plow is the difference between reliable functioning equipment and a nightmare. It's also alot cheaper to maintain than to repair.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.
  3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

It sounds like you still are not getting the plow jack set at the correct height when you take the plow off. Buy your posts before, and my experience with fisher mm plows, you MUST use the tool that comes with the plows to get the jack set at the correct height if it does not set correctly with out it. When you back away from the plow it should drop very little if at all.... My suggestion to you would be to bring it to you closest dealer and have them show you how to correctly dismount the plow. If you have the dismount tool (a long bar with a threaded rod sticking out then end), you should drop the jack and use to tool to lift the plow up to engage in the correct hole to set the plow to the correct height.

You could also drop the jack, engage it in the closest hole it will set into, then measure the distance from the jack foot, to the ground, and make a shim that is close, but not thicker than the distance you measured. I.E. if you measure 1 1/8 inches use a 1 inch shim not an 1 1/4 inch shim.