1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'm amazed with priceing on these parts and plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by capt caper, Nov 29, 2007.

1. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Just got myself into a new HD 8ft. MM2...from MM1.. I'm baffled at the priceing on accessories and parts..Rubber Deflector $250.?Sno Foil 300 ++, FishStik $280+, I sold my old one on EBAY and it sold for $217.00 amazing..I had no idea ..good for me I guess..
    I'd like to get a Rubber Deflector..I like the Fisher quality...but man or man. I've bought these items in the past but no were near these prices.. I guess this will be an ongoing reality.

I should have broken down the old plow and sold it for parts..I could have gotten alot more money I bet..

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It's a rubber flap....make one yourself with some flat steel on top for A LOT less!! JMO

3. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I hear ya....

4. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

As far as the rubber belt is concerned, if any of you know someone that has access to conveyor belt, this is the best way to go! I happen to work at a power plant in mass and that's where I got mine from!!!

5. big bird

big bird Senior Member

this is a good idea i was going to buy one real soon thanks more money for beerpayup

6. mgf250

mgf250 Member

Alternative vendors for plow parts

Low cost alternatives:

McMaster-Carr:
    Rubber
    Threaded rod for side markers
    Paint

Northern Hydraulics:
    Cylinders
    Headlight asssemblies

DigiKey or Mouser electronics:
    Swithes
    Relays
    Wire

Metal Yard:
    Hardened steel for trip edge. Most have a hydraulic punch machine so just measure where the holes are on the trip edge.