1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Im amazed at how the weathermen...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Killswitch, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Can get it so wrong.

Yesterday here in Michigan they called for a half inch of rain....90% chance to be exact. Result....nice day, absolutely no precip.

So....I have some finish work to do on my plow and such and since they said a 60% chance today I figured Id be vacuuming the house and whatnot.

Its almost 10am, no rain, suns shining.

I sure hope they get it right when it starts snowing.

For that matter I hope it snows at all!

:cry:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was going to spray a house this weekend. The weather guesser's said it was going to rain all weekend! It's near 10:00 and not a cloud in the sky!
    This time of year they are about 50% right. We have lake Erie which throw's it's 2 cents worth into the mix. ( lake effect snow & showers )

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Right. And now you feel guilty for sitting here when you should be out earning! lol :waving:

Of course if you started the project it would start raining.

Doh!

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My point EXACTLY of why NOT to believe any winter outlook forecasts. When the snow is on the ground, that's when we have snow. Until then, I'm staying in bed with the lady.

5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Great. You stay in bed with the woman.

I'll be vacuuming.

God damnit!

lol

6. The Boss

ROTFLMAO!!!!

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Only job in the world you can be wrong all time and still not get fired!

8. The Boss

Besides being the president or politician.

9. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

Yep here they kept saying sleet for the weekend. Well its Sunday night and not a thing but a little bit of rain. But who knows, Ill believe snow when I see it. Last year downstate got all the snow and we didnt get much at all.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I am in bed with the woman when the cell phone has that urgent ring at 4 AM. She pokes me hard and Say's "It must be snowing,go make some money!". We get 4" surprises a round here all winter. They are still playing the "random flurries forecast" on the radio!