Snow Plowing Forum banner

i'm a New Dumb guy trying to hook up a plow

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  chcav1218 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, New dumb guy here from CT, hoping you guys can shed some light on my problem.
trying to hook up this Pathfinder plow on my uncles 84 GMC. He bought it used, and it was complete, except for the truck brackets.

please look at the picture and tell me what is wrong. the plow is a "minute mount" style where the whole thing comes off in one piece.

if i hook up where i drew the arrows, then there is no room for the piston, it wont fit.

in the picture the plow is off the ground about a 12"

Thanks for any help!!!!
Mark

Hood Automotive tire Tread Wood Fender

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I think you're doing it wrong. Looks to me like you have the bottom of the lift piston mounted in the wrong place.

Where you have it.....

From their website......

I could be wrong

Their website looks kinda sketcky.......

http://www.pathfindersnowplows.com

#6 ·
Ok, by looking at the picture it looks like you should set it up like they have it on the website, then connect the bottom of the ram where it is, and the lower part onto that lowest bracket

#9 ·
Wow, quick response ! thanks

Yes, i looked at their website also, and the pictures are kinda vague. In the picture they show, the piston is vertical with a "pad" attached on the bottom, so you can raise the plow off the ground and unhook the whole thing from the truck.

the plow does raise and lower the way it is right now, but it only goes up about 12 - 15" off the ground, and to me it doesnt seem right.

the distance between the holes does increase as the plow is raised.

Mark

#10 ·
To me it looks like the lower bracket should come forwar and mount underneath where the top of the lift ram is mounted now. Then, the top of the ram should be mounted on the lower bracket. Try that and see how is goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.