1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Illinois Snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Just got in from the first round. Plowed about 2 inches. Everything went smooth! Tonight, AGAIN, 2-4 inches expected. So back out ill be. Then they are forcasting a storm for friday night and saturday. Anyone else plowing?

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

It's 6:10 am, I just walked in the door. plowed for about 8 hours, got about 1 & 1/2 left (clean up). This is going to be a great week!!

3. durchins

durchins Member

It seems like we got bubkus in the amount of snowfall over here. Enough to do my commercial lots, but most my residentials were clear fom drifting. Only one inch forecasted for tonite as well. How many inches did they say fell at Ohare?

4. ExplorerPlow

ExplorerPlow Junior Member

I was out as well, very easy plow, the property i plow usually takes me about 5-6 hours depending on snow fall only took me 3 hours this morning. Everything went well for the most part. Hopefully be going out again tonight. I love the sound of money. payup payup

5. I'm a rather newbie to the site, I have been reading alot of threads for some time now. Just starting getting more involved. Its good to see alot of local guys out on the road in my home town. I'm sure we pass each other all night long.

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to a good week, we hope...

Drive Safe, Plow smart :waving:

6. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

durchins -

The total I heard was 1.2 inches at Ohare Field.

Rick

7. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

No Snow Here

We got under an inch in the Rockford area. I think they lowered the forecast for tonight. Got my truck running again. Got a new one also for a spare.

8. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

yep 8.5 hours plowing and salting and another 3.5 trucking in more salt.

9. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

snow

Hey Fellas,

A Newbie to the site, lots of good information here.

As for snow totals, Im just outside Ohare and I did not hear totals, but some of the lots I was in that didnt have drift had at LEAST 3 inches of snow.

All in all an easy plow here too.

Let it snow, let it snow let it snow

10. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

i put about 7 hours in actually had to do soem plowing and did alot of salting...friday ngiht tlaking big 6-10 inches bring it on

11. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

where to get salt at night

hello all, i ran out of salt this morning, didn't think that we might get any snow tonight or early morning,
    do you know a place near wheaton area and surroundings where i can get salt during the night time...
    i usually go to a place around 53 and lake st area
    hoepfully we all get snow this time , i did most of my commercial lots and used more salt since all lots were too icey and slippery

12. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I think you can go to tim wallace for salt. if i remember right he is open when it snows.

13. landscapein

landscapein Junior Member

there any one looking for a few more hrs as a sub to help with clean up of some apartments in Schaumburg, Naperville, Carol stream or lake in the hills interested please call or e-mail Ben at landscapein@sbcglobal.net
    847-697-9900