1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Illinois Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Dec 8, 2003.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Just came on accuweather. Yesterday and last night, nothing was in the forcast. Maybe we will get to plow this time.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Probably means you won't be getting anything...
    80% yeah right.....:dizzy:
  3. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Thanks for the optimism. That is why I love coming here.:mad:

I hope your forcast are bleak to.
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sorry, not trying to be crude, it was a dig towards the weather people. We get snow so much later than everyone else, it's frustrating not getting any when all everyone else is doing is getting a ton ( or forecasting it in your case ) Weather people really never know what's going on, someone just posted a thread here, it was actually quite funny... grow thicker skin, that wasen't directed towards you coming here !!
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

see thread by psdiesel24 page 2 dated yesterday

"Had first snow what a Joke "

Then you'll get what I wa talking about :D
  6. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I live in Chicago. We were almost promised snow last week. All that snow that they got in the east was supposed to hit us pretty hard too. The only thing that we got 6-8" of was rain.

I would love to be a weatherman, all that money only to be wrong.

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Take a look at NWS...sever weather forecast...it has posted Winter storm watches just west of Missouri and way north and south..Hummm whats brewing :eek:
  8. my grandpa's bad knee can predict snow just as good as weather people... The Weather Channel is wrong more often than our local reports.
  9. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I heard about that storm brewing. I also heard that Chicago & surrounding suburbs are expected to get lots o rain and everywhere else is gonna get snow. Looks like our snow season is off to a bad start.

10. yep, rain and mid 40's here tomorrow. Upper 20's to low 30's by the end of the week though. I love michigan...
  11. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Our weather guy here says heavy snow for Thursday. Caught my attention a little bit. He then goes on to say 3-5". Now I wonder what he'll call 4-8". A blizzard? The first snow is always exciting for the weather folks. They tend to get a little carried away this time of year. Near the end of the season a forecasted 2-4" will usually end up as 2-4".
  12. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman Junior Member

J. Henderson, I also live in the QC, I hope it's more snow than rain, the snow seems to go just north or south of us most the time. Ron
  13. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

let it rain???

I hate this time of year.

Should be snow...calendar says it's December for crying out loud. Weatherman here says rain turning to snow flurries Thursday morning. Yep, we heard that last Friday!

rain, rain go away
    bring on the snow
    This is what we all pray

not too shabby for a 2 second poem about snow!

Oh well. It's got to snow sometime.:realmad:
  14. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

How about that snow were not getting?
  15. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

hey everyone. New guy to the board from just south of Chicago here...

Picking up a bobcat so I will be happy to hear snow anytime after this weeeknd... :D

The funny thing is people think Chicago etc gets SOOOOO much snow. I moved here from NJ/NY 3 years ago and every winter they have gotten hit since I left. In the 2 winters I have been here I have seen 4-5" max. Last year I went home and got hit by the 30" of snow in Febuary during my 4 day vist...

Well once I have my bobcat I will have no problems clearing a medium size lot and a few friend's driveways. I do not do it for a business just a apartment building or 2 I look after and friends houses.

Anyone in this area use a bobcat to plow? Anyone do it without the snow pushers and just use the bucket instead? Most of the driveways around here are small and the lot I clear is about 3 truck blades wide. So I was thinking I might just try and use the bucket only this year and see how that goes....
  16. speaking of not getting any snow (despite it being december), what makes me really mad is when people, even weather people say "well we dodged another bullet" or when people complain about snow and are glad that we didn't get any. Well I say that if you don't want snow, move to Fla. then! I really dislike anti-snow people.
  17. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

How do u think I feel? I just got hired to subcontract with a friend of mine, IF IT EVER SNOWS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to beat everyone senseless who is glad that Its still 45 degrees and sunny. I want it to be 20 and blizzardlike all the time.

18. jp7220

jp7220 Junior Member
    from NWIL

Depends on what your line of work is though. While I like snow and all, have fun moving it all over the place with our blower and loader, it does get old hauling feed through 5 foot drifts day in and day out.

I'm from the same area as the guy that started this thread is from. Sure wish this last rain hadn't come, made a mess of things and will create battles for the rest of the winter.

Sorry, guess I don't count since I'm not an "official" plower. Yes, I am newly registered to the site, but I've been reading this place quite awhile with great interest and finally took the plunge to fill out the form. Just had to take objection with being told to move to Florida. :D Not wanting to get off on the wrong foot here.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  19. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Its completely understandable. We just depend on snow to help us pay the bills.;)

Welcome to the site anyhow. Id sure like to have one of those blowers. Bet it hauls snow great. Where in IL are you from?

20. lol, I get your drift! Don't worry about getting off on the wrong foot. I'm a fan of summer myself, but I rather like the change of season. It makes us appreciate each season more. I wouldn't include you as part of the 'anti-snow' people beacuse you say you enjoy the snow. The poeple I mean are the ones who DO NOT like snow AT ALL. So you're good. ;) Last year, winter did get old real fast when it stayed cold into may.

Welcome to the boards!! :waving: