1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Illinois Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Spucel, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Illinois guys!

Anyone have the name/number of their insurance guy that UNDERSTANDS snow plowing and the policies that are needed that I can talk to? Talking to my guy is like trying to cut through an oak tree with a butter knife.:realmad: I need 1mil/2mil coverage.

Thanks!:help:

2. 01PStroke

01PStroke Senior Member

My insurance guy just quoted me $3100 for commercial insurance.. I think that's a rip considering I just want to do plowing as a side thing and that's all the truck would be doing to make money (ie no landscaping in the summer or other "commercial" work). I would be interested to see who you guys use and see what they could do for Sprucel and me!

3. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

My old agent in Plainfield, Nick Diorio from American Family gave me a quote. I have multiple policies so I'm sure that factored into it also. Give him a call and tell him Scott Pucel sent you.

4. 01PStroke

01PStroke Senior Member

Thanks for that. I will be giving him a call! Any luck with the GL?

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Yea I got a policy through him for 1Mil/2mil. Real good guy

6. snownice

snownice Junior Member
    from 60010

Pekin Insurance company. Best I found in 16 years.

7. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Try Mark at South West Insurance, (815) 230-4600. He's in Plainfield. Good man, know's his business, and very competitive with his rates. Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  8. billzrx7

billzrx7 Member
    from Chicago

Wine Sergi Insurance in st charles IL dinged me 600 for the year on 1mil/2mil last year.

9. 78Craft

78Craft Junior Member

Is that just for you? does that include completed operations?

Ive written a few this year for anywhere from 430 to 480 for the year with just one guy.