1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Illinois Dealer recommendation ??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scottL, Mar 9, 2007.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a new truck on order and am looking into prices on plows. I was wondering if anyone knows a good and talented dealer in upper Illinois? ( Looking for quality install )

I've checked out the Boss website for dealers but, nothing rings a bell.

Thanks!

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Check these guys out . I bought my fisher plow from them and they were great to deal with.

TIM WALLACE LANDSCAPE SUPPLY INC
    1481 West Boughton Road
    Bolingbrook, IL 60440

Phone: (630) 759-6813

http://snowplowsupply.com/

3. scottL

Thanks Vinnie. I called Wallace and they do not sell Boss.

4. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

CPW central parts warehouse is in tinley park. they carry boss and do great work. thats who did my install for my fisher.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

AMES Auto Marine Electrical Service
    1237 S. Adams Ave.
    Freeport, IL 61032
    (815) 235-4894

Awesome work, best installs I have ever seen on any plow trucks, about 80 miles west of Chicago, well worth the drive. :)

6. scottL

Thanks Guys! That gives me some options. ( Although, none are real close to west chicago, il )

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Tim wallace doesn't do boss.:cry: Close
    CPW ok but a long drive,,prsport
    So your last option is,,

Monroe truck Equipment in Joliet..
    They are on speed dial 815-727-3134:redbounce

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

honestly, check out the boss site. they have a dealer section and I know there is one in bartlett, palatine, des plaines mchenry. You can also call Boss and they will refer you to a dealer. my computer was down once so i could not look up the dealer info, I just called Boss and they were super nice and refered me. Good luck!!

9. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

I know of 1 that might be a little closer hes on rt83 and archer ave in lemont called team truck sales,unless you feel like driving out to joliet,theres monroe truck equiptment.

10. scottL

Boss website does have their dealers listed. However, I have no reference point for any of them listed and a few seem like car rental or small tune up shops. I think Monroe in Joliet was the only one that caught my eye but, their facility didn't give me the impression they would do a very clean job. ( I've got an order for the new Chevy HD and given how trucks are built these days I was really looking for someone who can make the cuts in the nose look clean )

11. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

monroe does alot of dealer work as well as for just about every municipality in the state.

12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Im telling you go to AMES here in Freeport. He doesnt make cuts unless he really has to and as far as plugs go, they're not just hanging out of the grille or anything. They are mounted to a special plate so it looks like a little cleaner install. Well worth the 1.5 hour drive.

13. scottL

Thanks PopO - I will give them a call today or tomorrow. Right now I'm pricing and narrowing down. Still hoping to have a build date shortly ... and Thanks!

14. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Wauconda Car Care sells and installs BOSS