1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I'll Take Snow Any Day, Lol

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Jul 19, 2008.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

well today i had a drill move on one of the five hot days of summer. the D6 9U known as THE HOOD is a winter freighting cat designed to keep the operator toasty warm. so today all i needed was to pour shake & bake over my head and at the end of the shift i would be cooked crisp. plus on the drill move the rocks were unreal and i wished i was wearing my chip & dale underwear because all i did was slide all over the hot seat.

story of the chip & dale underwear

http://kingofobsolete.ca/monster_truck_runs_reindeer_lake_WEBPAGE.htm

THE HOOD preformed very well and it has moved the drill for www.westernareas.com.au for the last year but winter moves are better. not bad for a cat build in 1947, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1010529.JPG

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice pic KoO. What no a/c in the hood? what was the temp up there?

3. KingofObsolete

it was too hot in the bush at +27C, yes that is hot for us. we have had it up to +33C and everything stops here. there is no AC in the businesses so they just close in the afternoon. i have AC in the KINGDOM and i turn it on in the afternoon for a couple of hours just to cool things off a bit. but usually the AC is only used about 5 times a year.

here is another picture of THE HOOD working hard.

i also tossed in a picture of the winter freighting cat known as BAD BUSINESS holding a late night snack.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1010517.JPG

p1010578 (2).jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

great pics. we've recently had temps in the upper 90s with the heat index 100+. which i guess pretty much equals 38C or so.

Ill take snow any day as well :cool:

5. KingofObsolete

wow that is way too hot for me, glad you survived, LOL

here is a cool down picture of BAD BUSINESS taken in april when we had snow and nice temperatures.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

RISK IT ALL TOUR april 25 2008 011.jpg

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

SIMPLY AMAZING!!! I HOPE TO VISIT UP THERE ONE DAY :nod:THX AGAIN FOR SOME AWESOME PICS:drinkup:

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics.....yeah its been in the upper 90's here since thursday! Plus i have a summer cold and had to cut grass today! Im going to go lay down!:realmad: