1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

il salt pricing 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NorthernSvc's, Nov 11, 2008.

1. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

looking to get 40-60 tons of salt delivered. all my suppliers i normally deal with are quoting 150 /ton delivered, anyone know of anywhere cheaper?,
    im located in the northern suburbs of chicago. thanks for the help.
  2. NorthernSvc's

bump bump bump
  3. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

give ron marton of chemical equipment company a call at 215-820-3759 tell him the stud brothers sent you
  4. NorthernSvc's

thanks ill call him tomorrow
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its not hard to find salt for $125 a ton, its the tax and shipping that kills ya.
    If there trucking out of Joliet your gonna get hammered, its worse for me up North by the state line.

Seems the fuel surcharges have not gone away either with the price of fuel down under $3 a gallon. Got a small load of 6 bag yesterday and the **** heads still have a fuel surcharge on the ticket. :angry:
  6. NorthernSvc's

thats funny the picture a1 has for there website is the same one russo's put on there magazine thing, i think someones been stealing someone elses stuff again,
    a1 way overpriced, if i did my math correctly id be paying like 172 a ton, no thanks. chemical equipment labs has got the cheapest around right now.
  7. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Conserv FS quoted me $130/ton delivered a month ago.
  8. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

Try these guys; premiumexteriors@yahoo.com . I purchased all my salt from them. Fair price and delivered as promised. Good luck!