1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IL DOT snowplow trucks

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by nevrnf, Nov 26, 2013.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

On my way home tonight and i came up behind an IDOT dump truck. It had a flat LED light facing to the rear that rotated like a pin wheel. It was a really cool effect for a strobe light. Anyone know who makes these?
  2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have seen the same think on the fronts of Fire Trucks and Ambulances here and I have a flyer on the Company who makes them If I can find it tomarrow I will post it. I believe your looking at the Roto Ray by Power Arc's here is a link to a You Tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejMrVAzM-g
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. The ones on idot are Weldon diamondback I think
  4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

We have power arcs on our new engine.... Jury is still out, they are awesome looking lights, but we have been having a lot of issues with them, programming - loosing the programmed flash pattern, LEDs going bad , and moisture in the lens.... I would say 70% of the ones we have we have had no issue with.... Power arc has been good with warranty, just a pain to keep swapping them...