1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IH H-90E or Fiat-Allis 745C

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by doinok, Jan 1, 2008.

1. doinok

doinok Junior Member

New to forum, hoping someone here knows a little about these two wheeled loaders. I have an option to purchase either one at the same price. The 745C is in better shape as far as engine, tires, hyd, bushings, etc. (I own a dozer, track loader, tractor and ditchwitch if anyone is curious as to my knowledge of mechanics). I have never owned a wheeled loader. I have done extensive research on the net to find some sort of specs on these two and have found nothing. I need to know about the transmission on the 745C and the brakes ( I believe it has wet disc brakes). I also need to know about the brakes on the H90E. Any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. dirthog

dirthog Junior Member

745c

The 745C has dry disc on the axle two per wheel if I remember right the transmission was made by allison and we had very little trouble with them still have a lot of the running at our dealership

3. doinok

doinok Junior Member

Thanks Dirthog
    I just bought the 745C today. I did an extensive look over and did find the disc brakes and they have two calipers per wheel. Reverse is not working but I think it is in the switching valve. As I was told, the clutch disc for reverse and forward low are the same set. Go's forward just fine, so that's not the problem.

4. dirthog

dirthog Junior Member

no reverse

On the right side of the machine sitting in the seat is the control valve for transmission right above the shift linkage is a small line it the clutch cut-off valve and line uses brake fluid check to see that the plunger in the transmission is not stuck! remove the line and un screw large nut there is a spring behind it so watch out for parts flying out. You can block off the brake line if necessary a lot of people do that.

5. doinok

doinok Junior Member

do you know where i would find a part illustrated break down of the transmission? I talked to the newholland dealer here and they have no books on this.