1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jamaray, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Jamaray

Jamaray Junior Member

Need some advice on an ignition problem I am dealing with. :( Went to work a couple of weeks ago and the choke light came on and the heater fan switch would not turn on the fan, but would increase the light intensity of the choke light. When leaving work my truck started fine but, heater not working. Pulled over in a parking lot and shaked some wires and got the heater working. However, the truck would not start. Now when I turn on the ignition it will not start. Battery is fine, heater is working, and everything else works that I can think of. Replaced the ignition switch on the steering column and still got nothing, engine doesn't even make a sound. I did buy a remote starter switch and that has been working.

Do you guys have any ideas on what to troubleshoot for? My vehicle is a 1985 Chevy K10 with the VIN-H 305 and a manual tranny.

Thanks, Jamaray.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If you just bought a remote starter then the problem is most likely there. Those things can do some funny things. It's happened to me. They can go into certain modes where every thing get's screwed up. Read your instructions about this or did you throw them away like me. Some vehicles take an xtra module for it to work right and start manually.