1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ignition switch replacement "91 Cheyenne

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jcbird, May 13, 2002.

1. jcbird

jcbird Junior Member

How do I get to the ignition switch on my "91 cheyenne (4.3). The shroud doesn't have any screws or fasteners. Do I pull the steering wheel? Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You do not have to remove the steering wheel if you want to replace the switch, you have to remove the lower trim panel and the two retaining nuts that hold the column in place. (don't forget to remove the shift indicator cable that is cliped on along the bottom edge) Let the column drop down toward the seat and floor. You will find the switch mounted on the left side of the column and retained with two small bolts, the switch is controled by a rod coming from the ign lock which is "where" you put your key. Not a bad job if you take your time. Have fun.
  3. jcbird

jcbird Junior Member

Thanks bro. I'm going to try this later today.