1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ignition only power tap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JCByrd24, Jan 2, 2010.

1. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

06 Silverado 1500, is there a nice clean place to tap ignition power for accessories (plow controls being #1, currently using cig plug). I noticed in the underhood fuse box diagram a couple spots say something like IGN1 or something.

I understand that a tap from like a radio or circuit shouldn't actually power a bunch of accessories, I will most likely just use it to trigger a relay from the battery to a little distro box for all the accessories, unless there is a source with some juice behind it.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The top left port in the mid-buss panel below the dash has all you need. Constant hot, ignition hot, and ground. A test light will identify the one you want.
  3. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

yes you can tap off fuse panel inside go to the auto part store and get the fuse that has the pigtail on it so don't have to splice into any wires. can't think of what they call it at the moment or there is a spade that ties in with your fuse . either way that way the power you need is fused
  4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Oh yeah I forgot about those things, that'd work fine I suppose, I'll take a look today and see what looks easier.