1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If you have a website and do driveways..

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by grandview, Dec 12, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't do driveways but still get calls and I was thinking, if you take a bunch of pictures of different driveways and put them on your website with the approx. prices.So instead of running all over the place they could look at the site and if they like the price then they could set up an appointment . May need work on this idea but it could be a start. Yes, No?
  2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea!
  3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I looked at a ladys house on satellite and gave her a bid while she was on the phone and she asked me if I could see in her windows.

She sounded hot too. Like she wished I could. I sold the job and went to look at it up close and introduce myself and she was indeed hot.

I dunno what that has to do with your topic, but....its still the best post in the thread.

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I look up the property listing on our county web sit, it gives all the tax, assessment info and lot size. Plus I also use Google Earth and tell them it's a $25 in town or $30 min for other towns, due to the high price of gas. This does not include Ice melt or salt.
  5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You two both using Google Earth? I was wanting something that had more up-to-date pics so I could get the new developments too. Google didn't have anything w/in the last couple years.
  6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

If they just bought the house they are broke. No sense in bothering with them. LOL

Just kidding.

My area just had the pics updated on Google earth. Real nice ones, but they are still two years old.

7. payton

payton Senior Member

why not quote sq footage.

400 sq ft runs 34 dollars

500 sq ft runns 42 dollars

etc etc
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

people in this area couldn't figure it out. I had a guy ask me about christmas lighting for an "average sized house in xyz town" the other day... :rolleyes:
  9. payton

payton Senior Member

damn simple math and it cant be fiqured out..