1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

if you have a duramax, read this!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by parrothead, Apr 6, 2006.

1. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i had a front end leak on my dmax, went to the dealer, thought it was the crank seal, they looked further and found the oil was coming out of the breather tube, long story short, i've got one injector leaking fuel into the crankcase. eight new injectors were 2800 installed, only come as a kit with 8 injectors. found out that it was covered under a warranty until 200thousand miles. fortunately, mine was just under at 194000. something to keep an eye on. they said it was covered for 200k or 7 years, whichever came first. hope this helps!

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

One of my subs has a first year duramax. He has put injectors in it every year since new. The first set was warrantied, but since then he's had to pay every time.