1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

If you could of added something retroactive to your contract.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Mar 20, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

what would it be? Anything over the last season or 2 you wish you had in your contract before something had happened.
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Multi year deal
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Double the prices for night time plowing.
  4. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

"If the tenant dumps 50 lbs of CaCl on 4 Square feet of walkway, the contractor will refill the pail with sand."
  5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I would much rather plow at night when most places are closed. Try plowing Meijers on super bowl Sunday, what a joke.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

When all heated ramps to parking garage it is an extra to service

I would like not to have to wait for a board to decide if hauling is required. All requests should be answered within 12 hours or it is the contractors decision to proceed with what is best for the client.

15 ft icicles off the roof are not the responsibility of the snow Plow contractor.

What you spent last year does not have anything to do with this year

Water main breaks are not because the contractor did not salt.
  7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I would remove my contact info from the contracts...
  8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure what I would change, if anything. Possibly limit off site relocation of snow (hours/loads) but other than that
    For sure. I'll gladly plow 3 times at night before once during the day.
  9. Grantski

Grantski Member
    from 06475

Id require to plow every storm over 1" !!! Residential accts all seem to want you to plow @ the 2-3" mark...and most dont want / or dont want to pay for sand/salt. I live in ct on the shoreline and this season we got a bunch of 1-2" storms that never melted just added an inch of ice. So almost every driveway ended up as sheets of ice. Im going to tell ppl I have to plow 1-2" storms but @ a lower rate. This will also save me from those sleepless nights when only 1-2" drop even tho 4" was forecasted.
  10. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

After what happened in November with the 7 feet of snow in the Buffalo Southtowns, I will consider some type of blizzard clause in my contract. I'm not sure how to word it yet, but something to the tune of "should a certain amount of snow fall in a short period, that cannot be plowed using a truck, an extra charge will apply for the use of a front loader or skid steer." I'm not looking to rip any clients off, but only not to lose my ass should a storm like that happen again in my area. All my accounts missed that storm by less than 5 miles. We hardly had enough to plow in Amherst.
  11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That would be a good dose of reality to have happen!
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There was plenty of snow to spread around on that one.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Quadruple for daytime plowing.

We salt one, I hate Meijers for anything. The people are even dumber than the ones on the roads.
  14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Salt shortage price increase
    When my price goes up so does their price

If not paid in 30 days service stops or maybe a higher % penalty

Charge people an incovience fee for people who tell me it's going to snow tomorrow and ask if I'm ready by calling my cell at 7am the day before snow is forecasted
  15. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Do not call us...we will call you